Valued Contributor

Dyson Air Multiplier (Heater/Fan)

Did anyone else get the mandatory recall for this product that was sold summer/fall of 2013? There is some engineering flaw that causes materials to overheat inside the units. Dyson will be picking up the tab to UPS them back to the factory for a fix, and then will ship back. I am not comfortable with receiving (2) repaired units, especially with something that is having a history of overheating and melting. Does anyone else have any reservations about this? I notice they also did not mention a full refund if you did not want the units sent back to you.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dyson Air Multiplier (Heater/Fan)

I received the letter and have taken my fan to UPS . I don't think they would go thru the expense of the recall if they did not believe the could repair the fan without further incident. I am not at all worried. Just hate the fan being gone at this time. We are in the 80's and we use the fan upstairs to augment the air.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Air Multiplier (Heater/Fan)

I have one of their floor-standing fans, but not this one.

But Dyson is an outstanding company and I would feel completely comfortable with them repairing and returning an item. They have a great deal of integrity and excellent customer service.