Esteemed Contributor

How can I bypass entering my password everytime I go online. I just downloaded Windows 8.1 and it requesting this each time. I never had to do it with Windows 8. I have checked in the settings and could not find anything about this.

Believe me when I say that I am DUMB when it comes to these things. Any help would be appreciated!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: How do I bypass password

What do you mean you need a password to go online? What browser are you using? I have a Windows 8.1 computer, use Firefox and don't need a password.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand your question but...can't help you! LOL I also didn't want to 'sign on' just to get to the internet so my computer guru guy made the necessary setting. I use windows and Internet Explorer and love not having to give a password. Ask some your smart friends for help and I'm sure it's not difficult once you know how. (it might be where 'security' is listed on COMPUTER icon)

Good Luck.............

Respected Contributor

I have windows 8. Whenever my computer restarts, I have to enter a password. I only have to do this when it restarts though. Not everytime I get online. I too would like to not have a password. This is a home computer and I don't have any secrets.

Honored Contributor

Are you talking about logging into Windows? Or logging into your ISP for internet access? Or - ?

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 chickenbutt said:

Are you talking about logging into Windows? Or logging into your ISP for internet access? Or - ?

I am talking about logging into windows. I'm not sure what OP is having problems with.

I have never had to log into windows before and I don't like it. If you know how to get rid of the password, I'd appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

You don't need a password unless someone breaks into your house and steals your computer. Or your kid's friend uses it while you are out. Stuff happens. Its a very minor inconvenience to give me the perhaps false illusion that I have some protection.

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 depglass said:

You don't need a password unless someone breaks into your house and steals your computer. Or your kid's friend uses it while you are out. Stuff happens. Its a very minor inconvenience to give me the perhaps false illusion that I have some protection.

I misunderstood the problem. I'm with you, I have all of my devices with passwords. You can't be too careful.

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 depglass said:

I really never thought of that. I guess I'll leave it alone. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I'm back. Had to run out and buy eggs because DH left the ones I bought over the weekend in the trunk...whole other problem Smiley Happy

I know this is not a technical description of what I am asking. When I get on my computer after it has not been used for awhile (not totally turned off) but the screen is black. I push the on button at the top of the laptop and the Microsoft screen comes up asking for my password. It did not do this with Window 8. Is there a way to bypass this?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!