Contributor

Trend Micro E225456 -- Recommend or Not???

I am thinking about purchasing on QVC Trend Micro E225456 While reading the posts on that item number, and now I am wondering if I should go through with it. I use AT&T U-verse as my Internet service provider, but previously used for several years Comcast. Comcast provided for free Norton, which is on my computer currently. I have been told that because Norton is on my computer that it is still protecting my computer but I do not feel very confident about it. Anyone have advice or experience with Trend Micro E225456 ? I would appreciate any help. Thank you all in advance.
Valued Contributor

Re: Trend Micro E225456 -- Recommend or Not???

I can't recommend Trend Micro. I, too, had Norton but after all the "rave" reviews about Trend Micro I decided to purchase it. Installation was very easy; however, when I went to restart my computer it had problems rebooting and finally came up. However, the next day when I turned my computer on I got the dreaded "blue" screen. My one year old computer crashed and died. I called HP customer service. Explained what had happened. Rep told me it most likely had something to do with installing TM but they needed to actually see and assess my computer. They sent me a box to send my computer to them. It turns out that the motherboard had died. They installed a new motherboard and returned it to me. Turnaround time was 7 days. HP customer service is awesome! I'm not saying that TM caused this to happen but I decided to return TM and install McAfee which is available through my cable company.
Esteemed Contributor

You can not run two anti-virus programs in your computer. You should check with AT&T Universe the McAfee Security Suite that goes with the internet service. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB402441#fbid=8GYKlCySGey

Honored Contributor

I bought one with 3 lives for my last computer. I gave the other lives to my mother and nephew. I had no issues with it. I did what it said it would.

Contributor

I am still very uncertain.
Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 PattySC said: I am still very uncertain.

Uncertain about what?

Super Contributor

Those I know who have Trend Micro like it better than Norton. Some internet security folks have told me Norton is known to miss some nasty viruses. Altho I haven't had that problem myself yet, I plan to switch to Trend Micro. From what I understand, it takes out Norton when you install it. I hope you're happy with it should you decide to keep it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:

Those I know who have Trend Micro like it better than Norton. Some internet security folks have told me Norton is known to miss some nasty viruses. Altho I haven't had that problem myself yet, I plan to switch to Trend Micro. From what I understand, it takes out Norton when you install it. I hope you're happy with it should you decide to keep it.

This is the latest program form Trend Micro, Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security . You should order this software from Amazon, or Staples, Office Depot. If you buy from the company site Trend Micro will get you for automatic renewal with a credit card.

Valued Contributor

My computer tech told me to use the free Avast. I have had it on my laptop for a couple of months now and really think it does a great job. It blocks a lot of sights which I needed because I do a lot of surfing on my laptop. They offer other premium packages, but he said all I needed was the free version.