Honored Contributor

O/T Do Discover Reward Points Expire

My mother has a Discover card and I know she use to have several thousand points. She was saving them so she could get a better gift card. I looked on her account today on line and it says she has about $72 in reward points. I know she had much more than that. Also I thought you got reward points for any purchase not just in certain catagories. I'm going to give Discover a call to clear up the points she has. Does anyone know if reward points do expire?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T Do Discover Reward Points Expire

no at least mine haven't

you gave me a great idea. My granddaughter is graduating high school ,maybe it would make a great gift.

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Do Discover Reward Points Expire

Discover has a great online help center, with answers to FAQs and a responsive "Contact Us."

I've never had a problem with our rewards, but I did a quick search and found this:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/earn-cashback.html#q11

<h4 style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"> "Will my Cashback Bonus ever expire?</h4>

Rewards have no expiration date; however, if your account is closed for any reason or inactive for 18 consecutive months or if you fail to make any Minimum Payment Due for two consecutive billing periods, any Cashback Bonus in your Cashback Bonus account will be forfeited."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova