Contributor

need help viewing videos on the Q

first off-I know very little about computers. I did learn Windows 8 and love it. Lifetime support came with my HP laptop so I called them to tell them the problem I was having viewing videos on .Q I rarely watch the presentations but just go on the program guide and look at the videos of anything I am interested in but the last few weeks I haven't been able to do this. I haven't changed anything. I called support on Thursday and they took control of my laptop. I could see them working on my Adobe flash drive and Java but after an hour they weren't able to do anything. I had to go to a doctor's appt so told them I would try again. I can tell from some of the posts here that some of you are very savvy about PC's so thought I would ask you before I called again. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: need help viewing videos on the Q

I don't think it's your computer. I believe it's the Q's website. Their website stinks. They have no computer techs that knows about websites. I can't even log onto the forum on my IPad, only through a microsoft computer. Qvc hasn't gotten their website fixed where it's running error free in over a year now. I truly don't think it's your computer.

Super Contributor

I use my ipad for the boards & I can see the videos.I'm using my ipad now to post this. So even tho the QVC website stinks I don't see how it can be the site if I can do it?

Honored Contributor

As posted on another thread:

I've tried to duplicate the problem and I can't. Using my iPad 3rd generation or my iMac (OSX 10.9.2) I can easily login to the shopping area and use all the features and also can sign into the Community forums to read and post. Videos play with no problems.

(Firefox 28.0, Safari 7.0.3, Chrome 34.0.1847.116 -- I never use IE, but we have many talented posters who can offer advice on that browser.)

(I always keep Java disabled, btw, for security reasons. For most people, it’s not necessary and can be very troublesome. Keep in mind this is different from JavaScript, which you do want to enable.)

It’s important to delete cookies and website data, quit the browser, and relaunch it on a regular basis - this allows “electronic housekeeping” (as an example, you’ll often be informed of new updates to add-ons/extensions only after you relaunch the browser) and can help avoid a number of glitches. Also, be sure you have the most recent version of your operating system and your browsers.

(With an iPad: Please be sure you're using the Safari browser, you have the most current iOS version (right now it's 7.1), and you've deleted all cookies and website data (Settings--->Safari--->Clear Cookies and Data and be sure to tap "Clear" on the popup). You might also want to be sure you have JavaScript enabled (Settings--->Safari--->Advanced--->JavaScript) and in the Safari settings you've selected your preference for "Block Cookies" (I opt for "From third parties and advertisers). And be sure you don't have "Private Browsing" turned on.)

Unfortunately, QVC's website has such a bad reputation that we presume (with good reason) the problem is with the site instead of with our device/software.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

Thanks

Honored Contributor

I am posting from a brand new laptop with 8.1 and I can't see the videos, either. What's going on?

Super Contributor

I also have had trouble with the videos,too.. click on and they disappear , other times they work..

moongirl