Super Contributor

Need help with adjusting brightness & Contrast for Acer Monitor?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}I have an older model Acer LCD monitor.... My eyes are bothering because of glare and brightness... Not sure if it's my new Pc eye glasses or monitor...

Have the button to show contrast and brightness... However I don't know how to adjust it?

Say's 80 contrast-100 Brightness.. Nothing to click on screen that comes up....

I am hoping someone can help me with my issue?

lovestodance

Super Contributor

Re: Need help with adjusting brightness & Contrast for Acer Monitor?

I am not sure on that particular model monitor but maybe you can find something via google?

Sorry I wasn't much help. good luck!

Respected Contributor

Does it have buttons on the side or bottom?

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 glb613 said:

Does it have buttons on the side or bottom?

Yes it does have buttons on bottom of monitor... I did click on and shows. Contrast 80... Brightness 100.

However no place to click to fix it...

I don't know if I mentioned... I have a Hp pavilion tower got it last year...

Also needed a new key pad... Got the staples brand..

So I am wondering since I don't have the same components? Could that prevent me from adjusting it?

Sorry I am very bad with any Tech issues... Did try and do a search and so far I cannot fix myself..

What I decided to do is call Acer.. So many different #'s??? I will try a few I jotted down.

Thanks all for your replies...

lovestodance

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 lovestodance said:

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}I have an older model Acer LCD monitor.... My eyes are bothering because of glare and brightness... Not sure if it's my new Pc eye glasses or monitor...

Have the button to show contrast and brightness... However I don't know how to adjust it?

Say's 80 contrast-100 Brightness.. Nothing to click on screen that comes up....

I am hoping someone can help me with my issue?

lovestodance

Not sure what you mean by "button". Some are sliders/some are more like a wheel and others have touch sensitive ^ and down signs to use "after" you bring up what it is you want to change.

Had one that was strictly a wheel and it did all the functions. Had to press it to dial in what I wanted to change or assess. After bringing it up had to push the wheel inward until it stopped on say "brightness". The it was counterclockwise to turn numbers down and clockwise to turn numbers up.

My present Dell monitor has touch buttons that are "black on black" and unless you get at a certain angle you cannot even see them. Never could figure out why companies, going back to the 1950's, insist on putting "black on black" on most of their devices. Have worked on hundreds of devices over the years and the thing most different brands and models had in common was their "black on black" activity buttons/tabs/inputs/outputs and on and on and on.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

You use the buttons on the side or bottom of the monitor to change the settings. You don't need to have everything the same brand.

Honored Contributor

My Acer monitor gives me multiple ways to adjust it. I can access the menu feature and then use the volume up/down buttons to make selections. I can also adjust it using the Acer eDisplay Monitor software. I'd recommend Googling the model number of your monitor to find a copy of the manual, or a Youtube video of how to adjust it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Thanks... Do you consider 80 Contrast- 100 Brightness to be too bright?

My eyes are hurting so I am not sure if that is the right #'s or not?

Tried calling but I think I have to pay for any Tech Support? Acer does not seem to be Customer Friendly.

As I think I mentioned my monitor is old.. Maybe someone who has an Acer can help?

My buttons on the bottom of the monitor... Last one on right side....

Respected Contributor

There is no right or wrong setting. If the brightness is bothering you, change it. You can always adjust it until you find a setting you like.

Trusted Contributor