Trusted Contributor

Gmail iPad iPhone and Mac Question

I was talking to my one of my gfs tonight on the phone..she also just got a new iPad. She asked me about my gmail. I told her everything seemed fine..when I delete an email on the computer it reflects the deletion on the iPad. She said she had deleted thousands of old emails in gmail on her Mac, but they are still showing up on her iPhone and iPad. She can't figure out how to get rid of them other then "edit" and checking them one by one and then deleting them..Does anyone have any other suggestions for her to help get rid of the emails on her iPhone and iPad faster than checking them one by one?..

Also its saying that her iCloud is full..could this be caused by her gmail?...She said she might have a couple hundred photos but not too many other things...she does live in a big city and can go to the Apple Store for help..but I'd thought I'd ask here..thanks..DW

New Contributor

Re: Gmail iPad iPhone and Mac Question

I had this problem and here is my solution for the IPhone. I admit I am kinda low tech.

1) in the email, to the far right of the email sweep finger right to left. You can choose "move to trash" or "more" select "move to trash". Do this with all emails, it goes really fast. 2) Then go to trash and hit "edit" at top of list, select "delete all" at the bottom of the window and boom, they are all gone.

Super Contributor

This might be an obvious question, but is her iPad linked to her Mac?

I use the Edit/Select/Delete that she's doing because I don't sync my Apple devices.

When I have a question like this, before I head to the Apple store, I just Google the question and I can usually find the answers that way.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know if she has her iPad or iPhone linked to her iMac..I can ask her..but..I have an iPad and PC...and it works for me and I didn't link anything...why wouldn't it work for her?..DW

Super Contributor

the solution is exactly what liznori describe here.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Meeras said:

the solution is exactly what liznori describe here.

I emailed her the solution that liznori suggested..but I guess I was just wanting to know if she's deleting them on her iMac..why they weren't being deleted on her iPhone or iPad..? DW

Super Contributor

"i have an iphone 5, ipad, and imac, i have just registered to gmail, can i delete emails from one device and deletes from the others" Oct 6, 2013 12:50 PM

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23273631#23273631