Contributor

I purchased an item on the 23rd and my account was suspended... i had to fax some stuff in to verify i was who i was to complete my order and was assured my order would go through if i verified... however my account has been reopened but my order was canceled... they said i didn't have enough payment history for easy pay... so why make me go through all the trouble of faxing things and being told my order would be fine if they were going to cancel my order.. im so angry about this.. in my opinion qvc is a joke... and they said i can order low ticket items but refused to say how low.. i don't even know what my limit would be.. terrible business practices on qvc's part.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm. There must be a reason for the way this was handled.

Super Contributor

You didn't try to order a 70" tv, a king size bed, an ipad, and a MacBook Pro, by chance, did you?

I'm glad that the Q is taking preventative measures in order to try and cut down on fraud.

They don't know you from a hole in the wall.

How do they know that you are going to make good on the payments?

Yes, most businesses will have a new customer make small purchases first, in order to establish a payment history.

If someone is a brand new customer, and they want to purchase thousands of dollars worth of stuff on the very first purchase, that's a huge red flag that someone might be trying to use a credit card fraudulently.

Sorry that you don't like it, but that's just the way it is.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Contributor
On 1/27/2014 Yuban3 said:

You didn't try to order a 70" tv, a king size bed, an ipad, and a MacBook Pro, by chance, did you?

I'm glad that the Q is taking preventative measures in order to try and cut down on fraud.

They don't know you from a hole in the wall.

How do they know that you are going to make good on the payments?

Yes, most businesses will have a new customer make small purchases first, in order to establish a payment history.

If someone is a brand new customer, and they want to purchase thousands of dollars worth of stuff on the very first purchase, that's a huge red flag that someone might be trying to use a credit card fraudulently.

Sorry that you don't like it, but that's just the way it is.

Me too!!! Makes me happy to know they are taking precautionary measures to make sure people's acct aren't being hacked.

Contributor

the only reason to use easy pay is for items u cannot afford all at once.. i mean get real here.. if u cant order nothing but low ticket items there is no need for easy pay.. catch 22 if u ask me.. no troll here.. just doesn't make since the payment cleared with my bank fine.. so yea im angry.. it was a television around 1000 if i was trying to dupe qvc i would have tried the 3000 one smh

Contributor

no i have no idea who that is im a 4 real person with a 4 real compliant

Respected Contributor

Perhaps you should contact the QVC's presidents office and ask them for a detailed explanation and also how they determine how many dollars a new customer can put on monthly easy pay.

Respected Contributor

If you can't afford to buy it outright, you can't afford it.

Contributor
On 1/27/2014 glb613 said:

then what is easy pay for... smh

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2014 glb613 said:

So then we can assume you paid cash up front for every car and home you've ever purchased?