Not applicable

Problem with HP 5514 Photo smart

Hello,

I purchased a HP Photosmart 5514 Photo smart printer from QVC in August of 2012. I have used it and everything was fine until one day it stopped printing black ink. I have tried everything. I cleaned the heads, I have been on every HP support page and tried everything. I see this is a problem that a lot people are having. Do you have any suggestions? I have to say, I also purchased a HP computer and within 2 years the mother board died. Whats up with HP lately

Respected Contributor

Re: Problem with HP 5514 Photo smart

On 1/12/2014 Kupiecb said:

Hello,

I purchased a HP Photosmart 5514 Photo smart printer from QVC in August of 2012. I have used it and everything was fine until one day it stopped printing black ink. I have tried everything. I cleaned the heads, I have been on every HP support page and tried everything. I see this is a problem that a lot people are having. Do you have any suggestions? I have to say, I also purchased a HP computer and within 2 years the mother board died. Whats up with HP lately

Recycle it and buy new. The repair is more expensive than the printer is worth.

Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with HP 5514 Photo smart

I have the same printer bought at the same time (and wasn't that a great price!) and have not had problems. I know it need inks and the new cartridges are sitting here waiting for me to install them. Hope my problem is not something else. We joke at work all the time that it is cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to buy ink. Sad but true in many cases... Good luck!