Regular Contributor

I have an android tablet that has a gallery that stores my photos but can't find anything like that on the kindle HD I just purchased. The user guide tells me to download from the cloud - I've done that on a few photos but it seems very slow and there still isn't a place on the screen to click for photos. I have to go to an obscure storage place to find them. The tabs on the top reference music, videos, apps, etc but none for photos - doesn't seem very user friendly?? Is there some easier way that I'm missing?? If not I wouldn't recommend a kindle for anyone for whom viewing photos are a priority.

Honored Contributor

Top left corner, the box that's 3 horizontal lines. Click that then click downloads and your pictures shd be there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have to ask because I'm just curious, why do you need photos on your Kindle?

Regular Contributor

To clarify it's a Kindle Fire to replace my Android tablet that is unable to be updated to a newer version that I use for photos as well as apps for games, etc. and internet access and of course books when I'm traveling. Thanks for the info on the 3 lines.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking of buying a Kindle Fire HDX but didn't know much about the photos or how the camera on it was to take the photos. I sold my iPad mini and was going to replace it with an iPad mini retina but wasn't sure if the Kindle had some way to share them.

Any thoughts on the best choice? I like to take photos with an iPad mini as it is so portable to keep in my purse and has photo stream to bring up on other devices. If the Kindle Fire HDX can do this it is a cheaper alternative. I am not sure if the 7"" or 8.9"" is a btter choice for cameras.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Strange someone would want a Kindle as a priority for viewing photos. Anyway mine are there but it's not a priority.

Valued Contributor
On 1/12/2014 MKR NY said:

I was thinking of buying a Kindle Fire HDX but didn't know much about the photos or how the camera on it was to take the photos. I sold my iPad mini and was going to replace it with an iPad mini retina but wasn't sure if the Kindle had some way to share them.

Any thoughts on the best choice? I like to take photos with an iPad mini as it is so portable to keep in my purse and has photo stream to bring up on other devices. If the Kindle Fire HDX can do this it is a cheaper alternative. I am not sure if the 7" or 8.9" is a btter choice for cameras.

Thanks.

MKR NY

I have the Kindle Fire HDX and it does not take pictures. It only has a front-facing camera to be used for Skyping (sp?) but does not have a rear camera to take photos. If you intend to take photos, the Kindle HDX is not for you. Good luck in whatever choice you make. docsgirl

Super Contributor

My Kindle Fire HDX takes pictures.

Startlingly light large-screen tablet, with stunning HDX display, ultra-fast performance, and front and rear cameras
  • Exclusive 8.9" HDX display (2560x1600) with unsurpassed pixel density (339 PPI) and perfect color accuracy (100% sRGB) for vivid, lifelike images that go beyond standard HD
  • Breakthrough ultra-light design—weighing just 13.2oz, it's 34% lighter than the previous generation
  • Ultra-fast 2.2GHz quad-core processor—3x more powerful than previous generation—with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU for fast, fluid gaming and video
  • Introducing the "Mayday" button—revolutionary, on-device tech support, exclusive to Kindle Fire HDX tablets. Connect for free to an Amazon expert 24x7, 365 days a year
  • 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash for high-resolution photos and 1080p HD video, plus a front-facing 720p HD camera for Skype video calls and more
  • Stay productive on the go with ultra-fast web browsing, built-in OfficeSuite, plus e-mail and calendar support for Gmail, Outlook, and more
  • Over 100,000 apps and games available in the Amazon Appstore, including a new paid app for free every day
Respected Contributor

The 8.9" Kindle HDX DOES take pics both front and rear, the smaller 7" HDX only takes selfies, not regular pics.

Honored Contributor
On 1/13/2014 PinkSugar said:

Strange someone would want a Kindle as a priority for viewing photos. Anyway mine are there but it's not a priority.

Amazon would be sad to hear that. The Kindle Fires are tablets, just like any other, and are marketed as multi-media devices.

Amazon still has ads for the Kindle Paperwhite and other Kindle readers that make a selling point out of the fact that you can take them outside and read in the sun without glare - something you can't do with a Kindle Fire. They included a camera, so they do want to market for people interested in taking and viewing photos.

They've designed is so that almost anything can be your personal priority and the Kindle will work for you.