New Contributor

Made a purchase on a desktop and now here it is 5 days later and it still says in process. plus, the fact I wasn't sure what product I wanted so I ordered and then cancel the two items 5 mins later and decided what I wanted. Those two items that were cancelled were on my bank account onto pending charges within a few mins time. QVC cause me to have an over draft fee of $105.00 dollars! QVC said they wouldn't fax over a paper to my bank stating what happened and to get the pending charges off. Now, I have to dispute the cancelled items to get my $105.00 dollars back. How, could I be charged for something that was cancelled a few mins later and not even bought!

Respected Contributor

It happened because you are using a debit card which is not a good idea. Every company does this or something similar to make sure they get their money. Be a smart shopper and use a credit card. That way companies like QVC won't have access to your bank account.

Esteemed Contributor

That way companies like QVC won't have access to your bank account. or anyone else. I found another reason not to use a debit card.

Respected Contributor

Whenever I order a product on-line I ALWAYS use my credit card. That way, I have the ability to dispute a charge if I need to do so before I've paid for it. Debit cards are dangerous because the money is removed from your bank account immediately and you have to work to get it back.

By the way, how did you cancel your purchase? Did you do it by phone? Did you do it on-line? No matter which way you did it, you should have asked for and received a confirmation number for the cancellation transaction as proof that it was properly processed and entered into the QVC system. That confirmation number might have also served you with your bank to prove that you did, in fact, cancel the purchase.

Trusted Contributor

If you do not understand how debit cards and online purchases work, you should not use them. Seriously? Do not blame QVC because you could not make up your mind. You purchased something, the money was held, you changed your mine, and now you have to wait for the money to be put back in your account. Remember all of the fine print you signed and agreed to when yo9u opened your account? This is it.

Super Contributor

Some of these replies make no sense. Whether you used a debit or credit card, the outcome is the same. When you make a purchase, the charge is immediate (pending) and the money is held. Just because you changed your mind doesn't cancel the charge. Get a clue.

Regular Contributor
So let me get this straight. QVC made you overdraft? RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!! Like above me says, money is taken out instantly credit or not. YOU Caused the overdraft, not QVC.
Super Contributor

Let's see, new poster, first post whining about QVC.

Yeah, like I'm buying this "story".

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.