New Holiday Decor
73 Members and 16708 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

The PS4

Started 1384983171.99 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1385678606.89 by gardenman
replies

Why isn't QVC offering the PS4 anymore? Did they sell out?

Page 1 of 1
glb6131385033249.73711052 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Why would anyone pay almost double the price to buy it here?

Lil_Blaze1385037167.212 PostsRegistered 11/21/2013

Because of the backlash they created with their overpriced PS4, so called bundles.

pink dogwo­od1385038357.163171 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

Hubby and I watched Jimmy Kimmel Live yesterday (rerun of the night before) and he had someone on who brought one on the show to demonstrate. Have you seen a demonstration of this thing??!! CRAZY UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

This guy said the PS4 is $399.00 - looked to be FUN AS ALL GETOUT!!! no wonder today's youth NEVER goes outside with their own imaginations to play & have fun. With gamers like the PS4 we've surely created our own couch potatoes to grow into the obese generation we have today - both kids & adults.

gardenman1385042937.717087 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

It is an amazing game system, as is the X-Box One and Nintendo Wii U. All three of the next-gen concsoles are pretty darn neat.

I think video games generally get too much blame for obesity. I've known gamers to get so involved in a game that they forget to eat. Most of the people I know who play videogames take time they'd use watching TV, reading, etc. to play games and it's not like you're burning a zillion calories reading or watching TV. I suspect sitting and playing videogames for four hours a day burns more calories than spending four hours a day reading.

Nintendo has the new Wii Fit U software and Fit Meter out now that let you exercise and monitor your weight/BMI on the Wii U. (I'm wearing my Fit Meter while I type this.) It's a neat little gadget that calculates how many steps you take, now many steps you climb/descend, and records whether you're active or resting or exercising. You just transfer your data every day to the Wii U and you can see your results on a chart. It's pretty motivational if you need to get in better shape.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

Lil_Blaze1385068112.072 PostsRegistered 11/21/2013
On 11/21/2013 pink dogwood said:

Hubby and I watched Jimmy Kimmel Live yesterday (rerun of the night before) and he had someone on who brought one on the show to demonstrate. Have you seen a demonstration of this thing??!! CRAZY UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

This guy said the PS4 is $399.00 - looked to be FUN AS ALL GETOUT!!! no wonder today's youth NEVER goes outside with their own imaginations to play & have fun. With gamers like the PS4 we've surely created our own couch potatoes to grow into the obese generation we have today - both kids & adults.

Gotta put some of the blame on the parents as well. Not just game systems and gamers, if you have a child and you want them to go out and be active then I say the parent should 'make' their child go do something a little more active than sit on the game. While it is true that video games may mess up some of today's youth it is also the adults fault because some choose not to intervene in their child's video game time. In my eyes it's irresponsible and some adults put the blame on video games when the blame is also on them as well. If you want your child to do something else other than play video games all day show some initiative; turn off the tv, unplug the games take the games away. As for adults being couch potatoes, there are some who know when to get up and take a break from video games.

KayliG1385613343.8231 PostsRegistered 11/27/2013
QVC sold out. If you could afford it then the over pricing wasnt a issue.

Last edited on 11/27/2013

gardenman1385646797.4517087 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

Just a heads up for anyone getting a PS4 for Christmas. There are quite a few of them going belly-up either right out of the box, after the required update, and in some cases after an hour or two of use. Over at Amazon they've got about 3,900 reviews posted and over eight hundred of those are one star reviews from people who have had systems go belly-up. The return/repair process seems to be taking several weeks, so if you've got one or are planning to get one, get it early, hook it up, download the update, let it run for a few hours and see what happens. If it works, then great your family will love you. If it dies or doesn't even start, then you've got time to fight your way through the return/repair process and hopefully have it ready for Christmas. This is definitely not a gift you want to wait until Christmas morning to test out. Just the wait time on the phone for help is now taking an hour or more. Sony may not have made the most durable console this time around. Officially Sony is saying there's no major problem and it's a very small percentage of units that are experiencing issues, but if yours is one of those that's experiencing issues, Christmas morning may not be overly pleasant. Unofficially, the number of consoles affected seems to be quite large. Even a few of the reviewing sites got defective units, so buyer beware.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

mcall10201385647686.9031348 PostsRegistered 3/25/2007NJ

They are saying the same thing with the new XBOX also. Just rush to get them on the market. Thats why I haven't gotten one on ebay. They are pretty much going off every minute for around $520-$580. My grandson might have to wait till February for his to see whats what.

gardenman1385678606.8917087 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey
On 11/28/2013 mcall1020 said:

They are saying the same thing with the new XBOX also. Just rush to get them on the market. Thats why I haven't gotten one on ebay. They are pretty much going off every minute for around $520-$580. My grandson might have to wait till February for his to see whats what.

Yeah, the X-Box One is also having issues with the optical drive. You would think these two companies would make bullet-proof hardware after the earlier issues with the original X-Box, but they haven't seemed to learn a lot. Both of these consoles are using off the shelf components that aren't really all that state-of-the-art, but for whatever reason they're having a hard time making them work.

One nice thing about it is that they're making the Wii U look a lot better as an option. Now if Nintendo would actually get on the ball and promote it more (I did see one Wii U commercial recently, so that's something) then Nintendo could end up selling a lot of consoles. Nintendo has some great games out now including the Super Mario 3D World which is fantastic! Add in Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, the upcoming Mario Kart, X, and others and Nintendo has some really good games out there now. The more trouble the other two consoles run into, the better it is for Nintendo.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

Page 1 of 1