Just-Reduced Clearance
9 Members and 13875 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Tracfone C.S.

Started 1382889298.92 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1382931329.307 by Venezia

I been reading on the internet about tracfone CS how bad it is are they really that bad?

we just ordered two tracfones waiting on them to come in now I was going to port our old cell phone numbers to tracfone and activate the phones on line now reading all the bad C.S. reviews sure scare me.

We need a pre pay phone this was the best deal I could find with the 1400 minutes. Now I'm wondering did I make a mistake going with tracfone.

Page 1 of 1
Venezia1382894544.9372871 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007

My DH and I have had nothing but Tracfones for the past 13 years and we love them. We've had to call CS a number of times for various things. Some times it can be difficult to understand the accent (in India) but, if that happens, just say you need to speak to someone else and why.

You might be able to port your phone number online, so without needing to phone anyone.

Also, the last time I used CS I used this number: 1-800-876-5753. I got straight through to a CS rep. He had a slight accent, but I was able to understand him very easily. They do try to speak slowly so you can follow along. (And some times people blame Tracfone's CS, when it's really the customer not understanding how the phone works. Just sayin'...)

Don't worry about it - I'm sure you'll love the phones, when you get them. (And read the information sheet that comes with it. You get the additional 1400 minutes from a different company, once you've activated your new phone. A toll-free number is supplied. It is not done by Tracfone!) Smile

Nightowlz1382896080.48310025 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

My main problem with Tracfone CS is I cannot understand them. I have also had a few hang up on me. I don't call unless I absolutely have to. Don't worry about all the bad reviews. If you cannot understand the person that answers the phone tell them you cannot understand what they are saying & ask to talk to someone else. If they cannot take care of your situation ask to talk to a supervisor & they will take care of it. Tracfone is the only phone we have ever used. I only need it for emergencies so I don't need any other type cell phone. The phones you ordered come with step by step instructions. Try to set them up yourself & call Tracfone if you run into problems.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Shelbelle1382897588.27735261 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have had Tracfones for last 6 years, and only had to call them once.

daisey101382899516.913466 PostsRegistered 3/15/2009

We have been using tracfones for yrs. now, it works for us.

autumnsuns­et1382899644.882415 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thank you all so much you made me feel better I will try to activate the phones on line and port my old number hopefully it will go well.

I did write tracfone to ask a question I told them this was our first tracfone and I wanted to ask what information I needed to give them to port my old cell phone number they did write back right away I say in 10 minutes or less they said I would need our account number with carrier cell phone numbers and password I would rather do things online if I can figure things out. Thank you.

Last edited on 10/27/2013

hckynut1382900950.9720091 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska

We've had TracFone for so many years I've lost count. Sure we've had a problem on occasion, but nothing close to some of the negative reviews I've seen here and other places. Some people expect "instant gratification" and if they don't get it? They have to blame someone or something. Waiting for 5-10 minutes has been a rare experience for us, and all of the reps have treated us as customers, not the other way around.

I've had at least 7 different phones and that requires porting my same number each time and have never run into what I consider to be a problem. Will admit I have a lot more patience than many, but I too value my time, as I am on the downhill side of the amount left to go.

TracFone has never given me a reason to even consider changing to another company.

hckynut(john)

autumnsuns­et1382902737.632415 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/27/2013 hckynut said:

We've had TracFone for so many years I've lost count. Sure we've had a problem on occasion, but nothing close to some of the negative reviews I've seen here and other places. Some people expect "instant gratification" and if they don't get it? They have to blame someone or something. Waiting for 5-10 minutes has been a rare experience for us, and all of the reps have treated us as customers, not the other way around.

I've had at least 7 different phones and that requires porting my same number each time and have never run into what I consider to be a problem. Will admit I have a lot more patience than many, but I too value my time, as I am on the downhill side of the amount left to go.

TracFone has never given me a reason to even consider changing to another company.

Hi John I was hoping you post you made me feel so much better about tracfone everyone did.

Porting your number online is it easy to do or should I call and let tracfone do it? I'm doing all this because my husband does not hear that well and it is very hard for him to understand people on phones even harder if there in a different country he only uses a phone to call me and say I'm on my way home he is not a person to stay on a phone for 15 minutes or more.

I can say one thing about tracfone I did send them a email asking them what information I will need to give them to port our number they said account number and password they wrote back real fast I say in 10 minutes or less.

sueinsf1382905219.542448 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I found it very easy to port my number and activate the phone online. When I got my LG 800 phone from HSN, it came with instructions and all the info needed, so hopefully yours will be the same.

autumnsuns­et1382907140.6232415 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/27/2013 sueinsf said:

I found it very easy to port my number and activate the phone online. When I got my LG 800 phone from HSN, it came with instructions and all the info needed, so hopefully yours will be the same.

Thank you so much as you can tell I know nothing about porting phone numbers I never heard of it before this is all so new to me.

mbbennett1382907641.823335 PostsRegistered 9/25/2013No. California - East Bay

Thanks autumnsunset for posting this ? I just ordered a TracFone also and was worried about the CS problems. And thanks to all that replied, I feel better. I won't be porting over my phone's number cause I rarely use it and will just get a new #. My Verizon phone is costing me $50/mo and I hate the phone. I hardly use it, am looking forward to my new TracFone with more than enuf minutes! I also worked in Info. Tech. for over 25 years and feel that I am technically saavy enough to figure the phone out......

Beth

autumnsuns­et1382908660.782415 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/27/2013 mbbennett said:

Thanks autumnsunset for posting this ? I just ordered a TracFone also and was worried about the CS problems. And thanks to all that replied, I feel better. I won't be porting over my phone's number cause I rarely use it and will just get a new #. My Verizon phone is costing me $50/mo and I hate the phone. I hardly use it, am looking forward to my new TracFone with more than enuf minutes! I also worked in Info. Tech. for over 25 years and feel that I am technically saavy enough to figure the phone out......

Your welcome. I was worried too I feel so dump asking so many questions
pre paid cell phones are new to me and I have never heard of porting a number as you can tell I was born in the dark ages!

We had our cell phone number so many years it just be easier on hubby but if I have problems porting the number I may just get a new number.

I understand about wanting to cut the cord with these cell phone company's we are on at&t and have not been on a contract for a couple of years and they have raised our rates every rate increase hurts.

I told hubby it is getting harder and harder to pay at&t $80 a month and hubby needs a new phone his is several years old and heavy we use our phones very little so for us it is the way to go with tracfone and 1400 minutes better then at&t go phones.

jGalt1382911277.691628 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Texas

Autumnsunset, I continue to recommend what I told you in your other thread.

Also, you will find thousands of complaints about how horrible the Customer Service is from Tracfone. But that is just if you call them on the phone. I've been with Tracfone for two years and have never called them because I was advised ahead of time about the nightmare. I bought my phones from HSN and they came with very specific instructions to follow to activate the phones ONLINE. Just read EVERYTHING about how to proceed and then slowly follow the steps on the tracfone website. It is not hard to do.

There are lots of tracfone users here. If you feel stumped, just ask here and someone will help you.

robomo1382911564.999458 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

I find that it's WAY easier to get on their web site and send them an e-mail or find their number in Florida. They don't speak English very well on their main CS number. I love my Tracfone though and never have problems that can't be solved on the web site. But it's been a long, long time since I even had to go there. Great phone and good service and the best call quality I've ever had in a cell phone.

Wadzlla1382912101.4671994 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

If you can read and follow directions EXACTLY, you should have no problems. The website is easy to navigate.

There will be exact instructions with your phones on setting them up.Your phone will show 10 minutes. THEN, there is another paper that will tell you how to get your 1400 minutes. The whole process from out of the box to having our phone number ported to the new phone, took 30 minutes at the most.

I believe people complain because they get the phone and start setting it up before they read the directions. There is a step by step process to getting the phone set up correctly, and getting your minutes.

autumnsuns­et1382912178.922415 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/27/2013 Sonia said:

Autumnsunset, I continue to recommend what I told you in your other thread.

Also, you will find thousands of complaints about how horrible the Customer Service is from Tracfone. But that is just if you call them on the phone. I've been with Tracfone for two years and have never called them because I was advised ahead of time about the nightmare. I bought my phones from HSN and they came with very specific instructions to follow to activate the phones ONLINE. Just read EVERYTHING about how to proceed and then slowly follow the steps on the tracfone website. It is not hard to do.

There are lots of tracfone users here. If you feel stumped, just ask here and someone will help you.

I appreciate everyone's help on the board with tracfone and I will go online to activate and port my number and hopefully everything will be fine and no problems I'm just not tech savvy.

I learned so much from asking questions about the tracfone looking forwarded to receiving the phones hubby is real excited he has been needing a new phone for several years he keeps saying will it be lighter then what I have I said yes his has the keyboard that slides out and the phone is heavy and it's getting hard for him to hear on it it is time for a new phone.

Stargazer771382920751.5236301 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006

Do everything online, step by step, as the instructions say and you should be OK. Someone posted this number for the Miami office. 1-800-626-4883

bigsister1382931163.165874 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Southern California

autumnsunset, I received my first Tracfone last year and had no problems activating it and transferring my old number to the new phone.

If I remember correctly, I did part of it online and part over the phone.

I have heard that if the consumer calls any company and is routed overseas and the rep is hard to understand, we can ask to be transferred to a rep in the U.S.

Has anyone heard of this?

Venezia1382931329.3072871 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 10/27/2013 bigsister said:

autumnsunset, I received my first Tracfone last year and had no problems activating it and transferring my old number to the new phone.

If I remember correctly, I did part of it online and part over the phone.

I have heard that if the consumer calls any company and is routed overseas and the rep is hard to understand, we can ask to be transferred to a rep in the U.S.

Has anyone heard of this?

Yes. It's pretty much the same thing as asking to speak to someone else and saying why. It's also why it's easier to call the number I gave in an earlier post or the one Stargazer77 gave.

Page 1 of 1