New Holiday Decor
126 Members and 15791 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Kindle Fire HD on Sale

Started 1372607523.757 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1372778205.19 by Dede306
replies
Amazon has sale on Fire HD. Anyone know if there is a new/revised Fire coming out? Thx

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

Page 1 of 1
gardenman1372614374.4917089 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

They've been on sale a lot lately. I've got figure either a new one is coming, or they're experimenting with different price points. My best guess would be that a new model was coming.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

hckynut1372648756.72719620 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska

Unless you are stuck on only Kindle, you might check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 there. My wife had the Kindle Fire HD 7" and sent it back to get the Samsung. The Samsung was cheaper and it also has both "front and rear" facing cameras. This makes it much easier to use for taking pictures and video, and it does both of this surprisingly well.

hckynut(john)

Amaly1372704056.813571 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008cali

A new Ipad is supposedly coming before fall so my guess would be a Kindle also.

gardenman1372722238.30317089 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

I've been poking around a bit and rumor has it a new Kindle Fire HD 2 will be announced sometime in/around September and shipped in November for the holiday shopping season. Speculation is the new Kindle Fire will have a quad core processor, an improved display, maybe even an SD card expansion slot. I suspect they're going to keep the price point around $199-$249 and then have the Kindle Fire HD selling at $169 and the original Fire (if they still offer it) at $129. The Kindle Fire HD has been on sale at $169 for quite a while now and I'm thinking they're selling enough at that price to make Amazon very happy, so that's likely to become the base price fro that model in the near future.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

His Grace1372733539.16236 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
On 7/1/2013 gardenman said:

I've been poking around a bit and rumor has it a new Kindle Fire HD 2 will be announced sometime in/around September and shipped in November for the holiday shopping season. Speculation is the new Kindle Fire will have a quad core processor, an improved display, maybe even an SD card expansion slot. I suspect they're going to keep the price point around $199-$249 and then have the Kindle Fire HD selling at $169 and the original Fire (if they still offer it) at $129. The Kindle Fire HD has been on sale at $169 for quite a while now and I'm thinking they're selling enough at that price to make Amazon very happy, so that's likely to become the base price fro that model in the near future.

Thanks so much. If I am basically just going to use it for reading, the current Kindle Fire HD should be good. Would all of the upgrades you mentioned enhance the reading experience? TIALast edited on 7/1/2013

Last edited on 7/1/2013

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

mima1372768725.50714514 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
On 7/1/2013 His Grace said:
On 7/1/2013 gardenman said:

Thanks so much. If I am basically just going to use it for reading, the current Kindle Fire HD should be good. Would all of the upgrades you mentioned enhance the reading experience? TIALast edited on 7/1/2013

No.

Mima

BootLvr1372771939.567836 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

If you're just going to use it for reading, you really don't need the Fire. If you plan on playing games, surfing the web, etc., then it would be worth it.

However, I recently bought the Paperwhite because I wanted a plain reader. What a disappointment. I wish I'd read the reviews before purchasing. The screen looked smudgy and had shades of gray all over it. This was apparently a big complaint late last year that still hasn't been resolved.

I may still order some type of Kindle (already have an iPad), but not until the quality improves. When the new versions come out I'll consider one again.

chrystaltr­ee1372772362.212607 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010
On 7/2/2013 BootLvr said:

If you're just going to use it for reading, you really don't need the Fire. If you plan on playing games, surfing the web, etc., then it would be worth it.

However, I recently bought the Paperwhite because I wanted a plain reader. What a disappointment. I wish I'd read the reviews before purchasing. The screen looked smudgy and had shades of gray all over it. This was apparently a big complaint late last year that still hasn't been resolved.

I may still order some type of Kindle (already have an iPad), but not until the quality improves. When the new versions come out I'll consider one again.

Go with the Kindle Fire HD, even if you think you will only use it as a reader. I'm not a "computer" person, I am on one all day at work, spending hours doing "stuff" on a computer or tablet is not my idea of fun. (or so I thought) I bought the Kindle Fire HD only because my girls insisted and I today, I am very happy that I listened to them because I use my it for everything. It very quickly became my a necessity of life, it totally replaced my laptop. We gave my fil one for Father's Day, he loves his and, like me, originally he only wanted a reader.

Dede3061372778205.1921 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011

I purchased the 32GB Kindle Fire HD from Amazon just before Father's Day. They have since reduced the price by $30 and I requested a refund which they are processing. Without "special offers" 32GB version is now $214 and the 16GB is $184. I love it! My guess is there will probably be a new version in the fall but this one is just fine by me for the price. I mostly use it for reading, the web and email. I am not much of a video or game user but it has a great screen resolution if that is what you use it for.

Page 1 of 1