New Holiday Decor
155 Members and 17860 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

LG840 Caller ID Question

Started 1369417533.593 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1369527934.45 by hckynut
replies

I recenty changed Tracfones and after adding all my contacts, I found the incoming caller ID isn't showing up. I didn't have any problems with my old LG Tracfone. The caller ID worked fine.

What could I be doing wrong???? I input the numbers and "saved" them.

I'd hate to have to send this one back and get another... Any suggestions as to what I might not be doing correctly..

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Page 1 of 1
hckynut1369454487.32319611 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska
On 5/24/2013 MaggieToo said:

I recenty changed Tracfones and after adding all my contacts, I found the incoming caller ID isn't showing up. I didn't have any problems with my old LG Tracfone. The caller ID worked fine.

I'd hate to have to send this one back and get another... Any suggestions as to what I might not be doing correctly..

MaggieToo

My wife has had this phone for some time now. I'll see if she knows something about this tomorrow. She is in bed now or I would ask her. Will check this post tomorrow and see if anyone else with this phone has answered this for you.

Not guaranteeing you that my wife knows this, but I will ask her about it.

E.T.A. Hers is and LG840G, I am assuming you have this same phone!

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

hckynut(john)

MaggieToo1369489202.7278341 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004AZ
On 5/24/2013 hckynut said:
On 5/24/2013 MaggieToo said:

MaggieToo

My wife has had this phone for some time now. I'll see if she knows something about this tomorrow. She is in bed now or I would ask her. Will check this post tomorrow and see if anyone else with this phone has answered this for you.

Not guaranteeing you that my wife knows this, but I will ask her about it.

E.T.A. Hers is and LG840G, I am assuming you have this same phone!

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Yes, this is the phone I just got. Thank you for checking on this.

Tracfone says to go to "Settings", then "Phone", then "Caller ID". There is nothing on my phone that says "Caller ID".

I've input the names and numbers in the contact list and "saved" them. That was all I had to do with the last Tracfone I had.

HSN said there would be noproblem inreturning the phone as it is still under the 30 day period. I just wouildn't want to be without a phone because I have no home phone....

hckynut1369500210.79719611 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska
On 5/25/2013 MaggieToo said:

Tracfone says to go to "Settings", then "Phone", then "Caller ID". There is nothing on my phone that says "Caller ID".

I've input the names and numbers in the contact list and "saved" them. That was all I had to do with the last Tracfone I had.

HSN said there would be noproblem inreturning the phone as it is still under the 30 day period. I just wouildn't want to be without a phone because I have no home phone....

This is what my wife said. Bring up the main screen then click(touch) on the phone icon/click(touch) on contacts/go up to Add New. Enter all information and than hit save. That is what she has done and hers works fine. Let me know if this works for you.

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Last edited on 5/25/2013

hckynut(john)

MaggieToo1369509749.8938341 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004AZ
On 5/25/2013 hckynut said:

This is what my wife said. Bring up the main screen then click(touch) on the phone icon/click(touch) on contacts/go up to Add New. Enter all information and than hit save. That is what she has done and hers works fine. Let me know if this works for you.

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Yes, that did it. I wish there had been some instructional information sent with the phone. I went to contacts and added where it said to "add new contact". I thought that should have worked. Didn't.

Thank Mrs Hckynut for me..... Now I don't have to send the phone back Whew!

hckynut1369527934.4519611 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska
On 5/25/2013 hckynut said:

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Yes, that did it. I wish there had been some instructional information sent with the phone. I went to contacts and added where it said to "add new contact". I thought that should have worked. Didn't.

Thank Mrs Hckynut for me..... Now I don't have to send the phone back Whew!

Glad my wife was able to help you with this. I know little to nothing about her cell phones as she changes them when her minutes run out with TracFone. I am not interested enough in these gadgets to even want to learn anything about them. I have my own relatively simple cell phone, and that is by choice.

I will make sure to tell her thank you from you. She is a lot like myself, or me like her, and is happy when she is able to help someone. She will apppreciate your thank you to her, as do I.

hckynut(john)

Page 1 of 1