Christmas in July(R) Sale
117 Members and 13311 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

GB

Started 1368559266.77 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1368565276.71 by nutmeg3
replies

Does 16, 32, or 64 GB make a difference? What is better, Kindle Fire HD or an I pad? Is the IPad 2 just as good as the new ones hitting the scene? I never owned an a tablet. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1
hckynut1368559778.4918794 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska

Depends on how much money you want to spend. The more GB you buy the more it costs you. The difference it makes in how much you can store on the "pad or tablet".

My wife bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" tablet about a month ago. She first bought a Kindle Fire HD, but it cost almost twice as much as the Samsung. Bought it on hsn so she sent it back and bought the Samsung at amazon.

With the Samsung or Kindle you don't have to worry about GB, as both of them have expansion slots for a MicroSD card so you can add as much memory as you want, you just buy more cards. With a "iPad" I don't think you can expand the GB as I think all the memory is "internal" and cannot be changed.

Now the Samsung my wife owns has both a frong and rear facing camera, so if you want to take pictures with your table, it is much easier to do with a rear facing camera as it is just like a cell phone camera. I can tell you that this Samsung takes great pictures also.

You are welcome!

hckynut(john)

ladyoftheg­em1368560778.7773 PostsRegistered 5/14/2013

Dear hckynut, Yes, I had problems with HSN in regards to electronics. Is there a new Kindle Fire HD with a 9" screen with 64 GB? Is Amazon the best place? Thank you!

hckynut1368564157.00318794 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska
On 5/14/2013 ladyofthegem said:

Dear hckynut, Yes, I had problems with HSN in regards to electronics. Is there a new Kindle Fire HD with a 9" screen with 64 GB? Is Amazon the best place? Thank you!

If you need the "easy pay" method, you can't get that at amazon. I've found that amazon usually is the lowest, or if not, close to it in price. They are I believe the biggest online retail store, and they really have great customer service. You'd have to check there and compare prices to see which is the best.

My wife likes the 7" because it fits easily into even her small purse, so she can always carry it with her if she wants. Bigger ones are nicer I think if you are using them at home and not carrying them with you, but other than that, many prefer a smaller size and the 7" size seems to be what many like.

With the Kindle Fire HD, you can buy a smaller GB for a cheaper price, and then if you need more memory, you can purchase a relatively cheap MicroSD card to add more memory. You must remember that 64GB is a lot of storage space. One of my older computers only had 80GB on it, and I used it for years and never filled it up.

I just checked amazon and their 8.9" Kindle Fire HD with 16GB is 269 bucks. No remember this does not have an expandable memory, so you are stuck with the 16GB. Now with the Samsung like my wife owns, you can get a 10.1 inch Samsung with front and rear facing cameras and expandable MicroSD memory card slot, for 299 bucks. If you want to check this one out click on the link I am leaving below for you.

10.1 inch

hckynut(john)

nutmeg31368565276.7074574 PostsRegistered 6/18/2007NJ
On 5/14/2013 ladyofthegem said:

Is there a new Kindle Fire HD with a 9" screen with 64 GB? Is Amazon the best place? Thank you!

I buy most of my electronic items from Amazon. The Kindle Fire HD is 8.9" and has a 64GB model. This is a link to http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-HD/dp/B0083PWAPW

Page 1 of 1