Creede Silver Sale
129 Members and 12869 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

tracfone airtime

Started 1368121233.563 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1368232915.707 by sueinsf

Hello everyone, I need help! I just purchased 60 minutes of air time which should be 180 minutes, cause this tracfone came with triple minutes. It's an LG 800. I scratched off the 12 numbers on the bottom of the card, and it wants a promo code? Didn't know I needed or had one. If so where is it located ?

Hopefully someone has this same phone and can advise me where to look.

Thanks so much

Nannycakes

Page 1 of 1
Nightowlz1368122005.69626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

You need to enter the numbers where you scratch it off. They do offer promo codes where you can get additional mins besides the triple mins. Sometimes they send the promo codes on your phone or by email. I use this site for promo codes to get additional mins. Since you purchased a 60 min. card go down the page & click on 60 min. & you will see only the promo codes for the 60 min cards instead of looking through all of them. If one of the promo codes does not work try another one. http://www.preprepaid.com/currenttracfonebonus.php

Smile

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/9/2013

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

nannycakes1368122808.4145 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

Hello nightowlz, thatnks for your quick response to my problem.

Yes I did scrtach the 12 numbers and that is when it asked for my promo code. Like I said I didn't know anything about a code. Thanks for listing them. I bought the 60 minutes, so that should be 180 minutes due to the triple minutes that came with the phone.

It did say to keep my phone on as it is. I don't have service where I live, they said I would, if I knew that I wouldn't have bought it. But I did so.. now I am trying to get the minutes I bought. Very confusing to me.

Nightowlz1368123665.5579626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

If you were told it would work in your area & it does not I would call to see about returning the phone. You can click on buy at this link & enter your zip code & it will say if it will work in your area. Your phone needs to be turned on for them to add your mins. You can turn it off after your mins are added to your phone. It usually only takes a few mins. but sometimes it does take longer. http://www.tracfone.com/phone_detail.jsp?contentID=UCMTST_009188&title=LG800G

This is Tracfone coverage map.

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/9/2013

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

chrystaltr­ee1368124152.3312321 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010
On 5/9/2013 nannycakes said:

Hello nightowlz, thatnks for your quick response to my problem.

Yes I did scrtach the 12 numbers and that is when it asked for my promo code. Like I said I didn't know anything about a code. Thanks for listing them. I bought the 60 minutes, so that should be 180 minutes due to the triple minutes that came with the phone.

It did say to keep my phone on as it is. I don't have service where I live, they said I would, if I knew that I wouldn't have bought it. But I did so.. now I am trying to get the minutes I bought. Very confusing to me.

I assume you purchased your Tracfone from QVC or another shopping channel. Read all the paper work that came with the phone. When I bought mine, there was a special package insert with my promo code number. I registered my phone online but you can also call to register your Tracfone. When you register and provide that promo number, everytime you buy minutes you get triple. It happens automatically whether you buy minutes online, through your phone or with a card. You didn't get your triple minutes (I think) because you didn't register your phone. If you have problems or questions, you can always call Tracfone's customer service department. That number is also in your package insert. The cs number is 1-800-867-7183.

nannycakes1368124194.617145 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

Guess I should have done that right away, but had it to long. My phone is on, but without my promo code I don't have my triple minutes.

nannycakes1368124683.553145 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

yes I did get my triple minutes when I first registered the phone. So that is why I am wondering why it is asking for a code. I do have all my papers. I will check through them again , but don't remember seeing any code.

Thank you for the 800 number, I may be using it sooner then I think.

Nightowlz1368125454.169626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

So have you had the phone for a while & it's been set up & already received your free mins you get with the purchase? You do have to set it up at first & have 1 yr before you have to purchase more mins. Guess I'm a little confused too. I just thought you were adding airtime & when you enter your code off the airtime card it does come up & ask if you have a promo code where you can enter a promo code to get more free mins.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

dgluvr1368126094.935256 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

The promo codes are an extra "bonus" that are added on top of whatever amount of units you buy. It is not a "necessary" code that you have to enter. If you have one- that's good, if you don't it's not a big deal. Usually if you add ( for instance) a 120 minute card, you scratch of the card- put in the numbers and wait for them to register ( which in your case should be 360 units plus 90 days until you need to add another card) IF YOU HAVE A CODE- WHICH YOU CAN SOMETIMES FIND ONLINE, SOMETIMES THEY SEND YOU A BONUS IN THE MAIL, OR SOMETIMES YOU CAN FIND THEM AT AMAZON ( SOME PEOPLE SHARE THERE) -- THEN YOU CAN GET THE EXTRA UNITS -IN THIS CASE, ON A 120 UNIT CARD THEY WOULD GIVE YOU AN EXTRA 20 UNITS-- SO ALTOGETHER YOU'D GET 380 UNITS ADDED ( no extra days). When you buy a phone from Tracfone they ask for you zip code to make sure the model you bought will work in your area- otherwise there are other choices for you to buy that will work. I don't know how the tv purchases work- but I would assume they'd ask for a zip as well.

btw- if you have a card that's good for a year-but you use all your units (minutes) up before that- you'll still have to buy more-- it's just that if you do have units for up to a year- that you don't have to buy them every three months to be able to keep your number.

Also- if you get a foreign country- you can tell them to switch you to the USA- ( they don't like to- they ask why- but insist on it if you can't understand them. The main office is in Florida and they have to switch you over if you ask.

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Nightowlz1368126877.8139626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/9/2013 dgluvr said:

The promo codes are an extra "bonus" that are added on top of whatever amount of units you buy. It is not a "necessary" code that you have to enter. If you have one- that's good, if you don't it's not a big deal. Usually if you add ( for instance) a 120 minute card, you scratch of the card- put in the numbers and wait for them to register ( which in your case should be 360 units plus 90 days until you need to add another card) IF YOU HAVE A CODE- WHICH YOU CAN SOMETIMES FIND ONLINE, SOMETIMES THEY SEND YOU A BONUS IN THE MAIL, OR SOMETIMES YOU CAN FIND THEM AT AMAZON ( SOME PEOPLE SHARE THERE) -- THEN YOU CAN GET THE EXTRA UNITS -IN THIS CASE, ON A 120 UNIT CARD THEY WOULD GIVE YOU AN EXTRA 20 UNITS-- SO ALTOGETHER YOU'D GET 380 UNITS ADDED ( no extra days). When you buy a phone from Tracfone they ask for you zip code to make sure the model you bought will work in your area- otherwise there are other choices for you to buy that will work. I don't know how the tv purchases work- but I would assume they'd ask for a zip as well.

btw- if you have a card that's good for a year-but you use all your units (minutes) up before that- you'll still have to buy more-- it's just that if you do have units for up to a year- that you don't have to buy them every three months to be able to keep your number.

Also- if you get a foreign country- you can tell them to switch you to the USA- ( they don't like to- they ask why- but insist on it if you can't understand them. The main office is in Florida and they have to switch you over if you ask.

Last edited on 5/9/2013


I bought the same phone from HSN. Q was also selling it. It's the LG800G. On HSN's site it did have a box to enter your zip code to see if it works in your area. The phone was around $90-$100 & came with 1 year service & I think mine came with 1500 mins. which costs more then the price of the phone deal. It also came with triple mins. for life. After reading all the posts I'm not sure if the OP already had set up the phone after the intial purchase or if she is just trying to add an airtime card. In the OP it says I just purchased a 60 min airtime card. Yes you are right you don't have to have a promo code when adding your airtime card. It's nice to have one to get extra free mins. I posted a link to a site I use to get codes. I have always found one that works from that site. I also don't understand why the OP would want to add an airtime card if the phone does not work in the area?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Shelbelle1368126915.4834580 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I get triple minutes too, and I refill mine online on their site, and it automatically gives me the triple time, no code.

Nightowlz1368127228.2539626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/9/2013 Shelbelle said:

I get triple minutes too, and I refill mine online on their site, and it automatically gives me the triple time, no code.


Yes if you use their site you don't have to buy an airtime card. I had to do that a few weeks ago when I did not realize I needed to add airtime. You can still use a promo code to get more free mins. Use the link I posted in post #1 to find promo codes.

Smile

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

nannycakes1368127932.243145 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

Well this is what I did. I went on the tracfone site, they show the cards I had bought, they said to click on it and when I did, it asked me for the 12 numbers on the back of the phone card along with my phone number.

In a instant it came up and showed I now have my 180 minutes/90 days. Not sure what all the business of the code was. I wasn't asked for it then. Anyway I am all set, I think, it hasn't showed up yet but it did say it could take 24 hrs. I have my fingers crossed.

So I printed out the reciept on the site.

Thanks to all for your information

jGalt1368148227.7771612 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Texas

Tracfone emails me Promo Codes from time to time, but I thought I had read that they cannot be used concurrent with the Triple Minutes promo. Perhaps I'm wrong. In any case, when I go to the tracfone website to enter a new card (I purchase them at Walmart), I just leave the Promo Code box blank. Just enter the new card number on my online account. The minutes do triple without any other action on my part.

My new minutes always show on my phone within very few minutes, less than thirty. You may have to turn off your phone first and then restart it.

Local1368152509.881512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006

I don't understand people making an extra step for themselves. Why go to a store and purchase a card when you can buy minutes or time online at Tracfone once you set up your account? You put in your phone number, your phone will show up and you go to "buy minutes" or "buy airtime". bingo. Right there, pick what you want and you're done. It won't show the triple minutes until it shows you your final bill after you have charged it.

nannycakes1368187517.9145 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

Well I don't have my minutes yet! I bought the card for/60 minutes @ Wal Mart. This way I didn't have to charge it. It said "thank you for adding airtime with us", and it could take up

to 24 hrs. The very first time I activated it I had them at least in 30 minutes too. Not sure what is taking so long. It shows on the receipt I have 180 minutes/90.

Nightowlz1368224150.8239626 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/10/2013 nannycakes said:

Well I don't have my minutes yet! I bought the card for/60 minutes @ Wal Mart. This way I didn't have to charge it. It said "thank you for adding airtime with us", and it could take up

to 24 hrs. The very first time I activated it I had them at least in 30 minutes too. Not sure what is taking so long. It shows on the receipt I have 180 minutes/90.

Is your phone turned on? If not turn it on. If it's been on turn it off & back on & see if they show up. If you don't have them after 24 hrs you will have to call Tracfone. Usually only takes a few mins for me but has taken longer to receive mins. I hate Tracfone customer service so hope you don't have any problems with that. Sometimes I don't have any problems & sometimes it's a real pain.

Smile

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

sueinsf1368232915.7072362 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I've only bought minutes online and it was very easy -- you put in your phone number and serial number. They even had a promo code right on the website (I think it's thru the end of May) so I got bonus minutes. Triple minutes showed up right away.

Page 1 of 1