Christmas in July(R) Sale
145 Members and 13413 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Free Premier PC Tech Support (Life of PC Subscription)

Started 1355343552.843 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1377673671.683 by nutmeg3

Everyone needs to go to info that came with your PC Treasures disc that was shipped seperately. You should find info for activation of each title. Premier PC Tech Support info gives you a web address, user name and a password. <a href="http://www.premiersupport.com/life">www.premiersupport.com/life</a> is their address.

Also enter you item number on QVC and read/save/print all info and all PDF info.

You and everyone has to complete registration within 30 days of purchase of new PC. This notice is present at bottom of PDF for Premier PC Tech Support.

The above is solely for Premier PC Tech Support. In addition to all other registrations with HP, Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, Laplink PCmover and SafeErase, Trend Micro and etc....

I'm not sure if or when purchase date is (a) day you saw and gave QVC your info to purchase, (b) day your credit card was charged, (c) day item was assigned tracking number (d) day item was shipped (e) day item was delivered (f) day item was given as gift.

I am going with (a) just to be sure I'm within 30 days. For me that was 11/24/12 even though I think it might be (b) 12/3/12 for me and (e) was 12/6/12 for me.

Also for those that bought these as a gift for someone on Christmas, like I did, means you may need to also do what I'm going to have to do; all the recovery discs, registrations and updates.

For those that have been informed of a delay in shipment you may need to start contacting QVC and Premier PC Tech Support folks to see what solutions may be available to you. Even those that are giving one as a gift may need a solution and inform the person getting the PC.

Best wishes

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
stonegal1355346843.564 PostsRegistered 12/12/2012

I called yesterday at 7:00 pm, was on hold for a few minutes, then a message came on that said "there is no one available to help you at this time. Thank you for calling." Click! And it hung up on me! So I called back. This time, after holding a while, a woman answered, got a couple details about why I was calling, told me that everyone was busy with other customers and that I would "receive a call back within 2 to 4 hours." I was stunned, but said "ok". No one ever called me back. I will try one more time. If I don't get the 24/7 help that was advertised on QVC I will pack up the computer and send it back.

12/15/12 - I received a call from Peter S., one of the owners, at Premier PC Support. He called to apologize for the bad experience I've had and to assure me (us) that several changes are underway there to more efficiently handle the volume of calls that they are experiencing. He said that not only has the volume of calls increased, but the length of each individual call has dramatically increased as well. I expressed to him that, while I could certainly appreciate the fact that they are very busy due to the recent large sale of computers with their support system sold on QVC, I could not accept being hung up on by their phone system and not receiving the call back that was promised. He acknowledged their failure in my case, but he assures me that in just a couple more days the changes that they have implemented will be fully operational and that we should see a return to the exceptional service that was promised. Since the computer is able to be returned up until 1/31/13, I am more than willing to give Premier PC Support another chance. When initially setting up my computer, I experienced several error messages and it has not been operating correctly from day one. I "chatted" on-line with HP's service personnel today and they got me all fixed up. Thank you, Peter, for your call. I really do appreciate it.

Last edited on 12/15/2012

rbw12341355349822.9816 PostsRegistered 12/6/2012
On 12/12/2012 stonegal said:

This "support" is a joke. I called yesterday at 7:00 pm, was on hold for a few minutes, then a message came on that said "there is no one available to help you at this time. Thank you for calling." Click! And it hung up on me! So I called back. This time, after holding a while, a woman answered, got a couple details about why I was calling, told me that everyone was busy with other customers and that I would "receive a call back within 2 to 4 hours." I was stunned, but said "ok". No one ever called me back. I will try one more time. If I don't get the 24/7 help that was advertised on QVC I will pack up the computer and send it back.

Thanks for telling me about the service or really lack of service. I only bought this computer because it had lifetime of PC, Tech Support and Trend Micro Titaniom Antivirus 2013. Also I'm givng it to someone that has never used or had a computer. So I know she will need support from both.

If she or (I while making recovery discs, registering everything plus installing software and updates) don't get good service the computer will go right back to QVC. Plus if I have to send it back and not recoup shipping charges I'll never ever buy anything from QVC again. Because if there is not good, knowledgeable and timely sevice to me means the product is just like being damaged. And I for sure would not have bought if I knew it was damaged.

Thanks again

boss3021355430793.2231 PostsRegistered 12/13/2012

Let me begin by saying that this my 1st time buying anything on line. The QVC computer was something I could not pass up. The computer was shipped ahead of schedule and once it arrived I jumped right in. Then the realization set in .....I need tech support. "OMG" the one thing we all dread is the "tech call". When I called I got the same thing that others have complained about. "We will call you back". Well a funny thing happened THEY CALLED! It took them about 2hrs. but let's face it this must be one busy call center. When I spoke with the person he was a pro in every way. Premier Tech Support PC "TOTALLY ROCKS". This is a busy time of the year but people forget that we need to show kindness and understanding at least for the holidays. Please forgive Our rudeness. To the people at Premier Tech Support and tech people every where HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and your family.

Happy Camper

brezypoint1355433841.181 PostsRegistered 12/13/2012

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear the bad reviews for Premier PC Support! I just made my first try after spending the last few hours so exasperated over an Adobe issue. They called me back pretty quick and within a couple of minutes had my problem solved!!! I am thrilled!!

And, I was quick enough to remember another question I had...and they handled that, too!

Elated!!!!

Wadzlla1355437053.221936 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

Again, over 70,000 people purchased the computer that day. Of course they are busy!

If you do not know how to use a computer, Tech support is not the way to learn. Take a class at your local high school, library, or community college. There are also books available to teach you.

It is not the computer companies responsibility to teach you how to use a computer.

SassyJM1355441300.5133 PostsRegistered 10/2/2012

Regarding this package, I have yet to receive mine! Did everyone who ordered the TSV get theirs already? The PC came a day before the EDD. I have been home, so I didn't miss anything or it didn't get stolen. I am very disappointed. I notified QVC and am waiting to hear, but thought I might hear from the Community faster. Thanks!

Wadzlla1355441522.7471936 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

It was not a package, it is a CD.

groch1355688844.5032 PostsRegistered 12/16/2012

Could someone give me the phone # for Permier PC Support? I can't find the phone # listed anywhere. I can't even get on the internet to register with the HP laptop. I have a wired cable connection that works with my old laptop so it is not the cable or cable company connection that isn't working. Thanks

sweepysmom1355891612.5321 PostsRegistered 4/11/2009

Yes would someone kindly please post the phone number to the tech support. I tried to register and provide the user name and password and nothing happend. I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

rbw12341355942845.7416 PostsRegistered 12/6/2012
On 12/16/2012 groch said:

Could someone give me the phone # for Permier PC Support? I can't find the phone # listed anywhere. I can't even get on the internet to register with the HP laptop. I have a wired cable connection that works with my old laptop so it is not the cable or cable company connection that isn't working. Thanks

I'm not certain this # is correct and found it in another post about the support.

1-855-234-8357

palm1355947289.9071 PostsRegistered 12/19/2012

cannot find where to go to sign up for life support. help :()

rbw12341355950130.65316 PostsRegistered 12/6/2012
On 12/13/2012 Wadzlla said:

Again, over 70,000 people purchased the computer that day. Of course they are busy!

If you do not know how to use a computer, Tech support is not the way to learn. Take a class at your local high school, library, or community college. There are also books available to teach you.

It is not the computer companies responsibility to teach you how to use a computer.

It is not the computer company’s responsibility and I never said it was. This is what I said; "Thanks for telling me about the service or really lack of service. I only bought this computer because it had lifetime of PC, Tech Support and Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus 2013. Also I'm giving it to someone that has never used or had a computer. So I know she will need support from both." I clearly referred to the Tech Support and Trend Micro that is for lifetime of PC. It may not be their responsibility to teach someone how to use a computer, word for word or line by line. With the time it takes to sometimes do just simple things like for example Windows Update, even those of us that have learned and used computers for years need help. I have read that for Windows 8 while some are installing updates the program hangs at 12-13%.

brezypoint, above even had a problem with Adobe and had to get help.

I'm not planning on just giving it and not helping her. But for the price of this item and the support they are supposed to give help, answers, info, Windows Support, PC Tune-up, Virus and spyware, security health check-up, setting up network, internet connections, and email accounts, plus much, much more. Basically Unlimited 24/7 help and answers for life of computer.

And with all the help, support, classes, books and videos even the best of the best users or programmers can and have computers crash, along with many, many other possibilities.

In closing while she is learning from all the help, support and tutorials that are on the computer and internet, she like any of us will for sure have questions just like any student. But with my help and Premier PC Support she will get the special treatment she deserves.

glb6131355951433.5110790 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I would have bought her an iPad. It's easier and you don't need security.

kitnkpr1355955914.373 PostsRegistered 12/19/2012

Called Premier today after getting my activation and was immediately told that I was not to call them. I should use the icon (looks like a cross) in the task bar, but they had to show me how to find it. Then I asked one question and "Bill" was of no help whatsoever. I ended up calling Dell Support and had to completely refresh this brand new computer. Can't say anything good about Premier PC Support. I am a Dell user, but since I've already had to start over completely, I'm not too happy with Dell either right now.

kitnkpr1355955915.4933 PostsRegistered 12/19/2012

Called Premier today after getting my activation and was immediately told that I was not to call them. I should use the icon (looks like a cross) in the task bar, but they had to show me how to find it. Then I asked one question and "Bill" was of no help whatsoever. I ended up calling Dell Support and had to completely refresh this brand new computer. Can't say anything good about Premier PC Support. I am a Dell user, but since I've already had to start over completely, I'm not too happy with Dell either right now.

nutmeg31355969548.2134571 PostsRegistered 6/18/2007NJ
On 12/19/2012 kitnkpr said:

It is not uncommon to have a problem with an new computer and a new OS. You should check Dell support page. There is a Window 8 page with two sections, one "learning about Window 8", and the second,"Troubleshooting Window 8".

chief one1356283685.7672 PostsRegistered 12/23/2012

okay

chief one1356283762.2672 PostsRegistered 12/23/2012

<em>okay agian</em>

Vett451356444543.981 PostsRegistered 12/25/2012

Is this post all there is to registering to your subscription? When I go to the website it directs me to this.

66yo1356644147.2131 PostsRegistered 12/27/2012

I got to the log in. Entered info provided. Nothing happened. I purchased the computer 11/24. It shipped 11/29, not the 12/14 est delivery date. Was out of town until 12/27. Are you saying I cannot register for this support because it is after 12/24? I also did not receive a S/N for Office so it will not activate even though I purchased the full version. Had a problem with Trend Micro working one day then saying it wasn't activated even when it had my number I had put in to activate at set-up. Their people corrected the problem but pitched a service contract. Thought I already had one. ???

glb6131356695040.21710790 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/27/2012 66yo said:

I got to the log in. Entered info provided. Nothing happened. I purchased the computer 11/24. It shipped 11/29, not the 12/14 est delivery date. Was out of town until 12/27. Are you saying I cannot register for this support because it is after 12/24? I also did not receive a S/N for Office so it will not activate even though I purchased the full version. Had a problem with Trend Micro working one day then saying it wasn't activated even when it had my number I had put in to activate at set-up. Their people corrected the problem but pitched a service contract. Thought I already had one. ???

Send it back.

easyntexas1356813093.322 PostsRegistered 12/26/2012

I was concerned about registering for the lifetime support. I read on another elec thread where I got the following address: supportmefirst.com - it takes you to the Premier PC Support website. GOLLY!!! Be sure to fill in ALL the blank fields, to include your name, email, phone, and your premierpcsupport User name and Password etc. Click on submit and follow the instructions. I allowed them access to the pc and they installed an applet. It FINALLY worked for me. Thanks to the person who found the website.

Savy shopp­er1356813444.721 PostsRegistered 12/29/2012

What is the phone number for Tech support?? I cant sign up. It had an email address that I dont think is correct?

gottfried1356894049.411 PostsRegistered 12/30/2012

I just set up my HP labtop. I am so excited, it works beautifully and Roseanne from Premier Support was a great help. It gave me a secure feeling having her on the phone installing all the software. She was friendly, knowledgeable and very courteous. I could not have done it without her. Thank you Roseanne!

bixali1357070188.8372 PostsRegistered 1/1/2013

I am dissatisfied with the "Premier PC Support Exclusice Package" which was sent with the HP I purchaced from QVC. It states, "enter the web address in the Internet Explorer URL Address location to activate my subscription. As was stated in a few of the other comments, I followed this instruction but was directed here to the QVC Complaint section of the website. IF we are being offered this as a Service, and it is being touted as having a $800.00+independent retail value, it had better work! It should be USER FRIENDLY and isnt, and additionally If i want to speak to a person at 4:00am i had better be able to. Afterall WE PAID for this service and I hope that QVC makes good with the OVER 70K people who purchased DELL PC's AND the additional thousands that bought the HP's and are having the SAME issues. Dissatisfied is an understatement. I was also not aware I needed to register my Help Desk PC Support in 30 days, Mr Veneable might want to mention that a few HUNDRED times in the previews. I would not have selected this computer for my family as a Christmas present and left it sitting under the tree while the 30 day time limit expired had I known.

Bixa Li

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next