Give Gorgeous
126 Members and 13412 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Tracfone

Started 1354480620.553 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1354823083.027 by ok4ablonde2

Bought the LG840G & want to transfer the phone # only from the LG800G but leave the mins. & due date to add more mins. on the LG800G & put another phone # from another state on it to give to my sister. Do you know if this can be done??? TIA

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Page 1 of 1
suzieQ4me1354484514.2034659 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

Hi Night - just wondering if you got the LG840 from HSN? I was about to order it but there are soooo many negative reviews! Have you found it easy to set up, other than the question you have listed here? (Sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, but was just wondering if the HSN reviews were correct). TIA

Silver Lin­ing1354484994.433641 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010

Maybe their customer service has a way to do it. People say they have a lot of difficulty communicating with them, but I'd give it a shot.

Nightowlz1354485591.0339737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I did buy it from HSN as well as the 2 we are using now. I have not set it up. I bought it for myself & decided to let DH have it. We are both using the LG800G right now. I did not have any problems setting either of those up. Also bought the LG800G for my dad for Christmas & had no problems setting it up. I set them up myself online using the step by step instructions that came with it. I hate Tracfone customer service. Sometimes you end up with someone that can actually help. If you have to call them & don't get the help you need ask for a supervisor. I have been using Tracfone for years. I figured since we would have an extra phone I could give it to my sister since she has an old Tracfone & leave the 621 mins plus airtime expire date on it. DH wants to keep his phone #. I hate the thought of having to call Tracfone. I'm going to call just to see what kind of answer they give me. I might just have to transfer his number & mins & give the phone to my sister & let her deal with transferring her number & mins from her phone. Had I received this phone before we went to Fl. I could have helped her with all this when I was there. All I can say is order the phone. If you don't like it you have until the end of Jan to return it. I'm hoping HSN will have it for $99 again & I will buy another one. That's what they did when they had the LG800G for $99 as the TS & 6 mos. later they had it for $99 again. They have the LG840G on the Tracfone site for $60 but it does not come with the 1400 mins.

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Last edited on 12/2/2012

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

suzieQ4me1354486896.6534659 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

I think the 1400 minutes that comes with the phone is worth the price of the phone!! Thanks Nightowlz for your response, I think I will order it and just overlook the negative reviews. Thanks again!

Brinklii1354487094.77310278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI

I think it can be done. Just tell them that you want to have the phone number that is on the old phone and to assign a new number to the old phone. Talk to a human though. It can get confusing.

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

Silver Lin­ing1354488166.143641 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 12/2/2012 Tabbychic said:

I think it can be done. Just tell them that you want to have the phone number that is on the old phone and to assign a new number to the old phone. Talk to a human though. It can get confusing.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

kachina6241354493773.2616317 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
I had no trouble setting up my phone tho I was unable to do it online. I finally called the CS number and used their automated system. Worked fine as does the phone.

seehorse1354496427.182099 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/2/2012 suzieQ4me said:

Hi Night - just wondering if you got the LG840 from HSN? I was about to order it but there are soooo many negative reviews! Have you found it easy to set up, other than the question you have listed here? (Sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, but was just wondering if the HSN reviews were correct). TIA

Hi Suzie,

We bought the LG840 and had no trouble transferring phone number and minutes. People need to follow the directions given! We bought tracfones from HSN in the past and they always had the "minutes" card packed with it. This time it wasn't there, but directions were enclosed to activate phone first and then get the extra minutes.

I read a lot of the reviews and feel that some of the negatives are due to not knowing how to do certain things with the phone. Some is "operator error." One of the complaints is that it doesn't have a querty keyboard, but it does!

Edited to say that I read some more reviews and someone complained that the Wi-Fi isn't free. It is!

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Nightowlz1354504551.829737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I went ahead & set it up online & transferred the phone #, mins & days of service left. It came up & showed what has been transferred which was correct. I'm still waiting for it to be activated though. It did say it could take 2 business days. It also said the older phone would work while the new phone was being activated but it's not working now & DH is not happy. Hopefully the activation is in process & will be activated tonight. Guess if the phone is not activated when he goes to work tomorrow he will just have to take mine to use. I did not want to call them. I so hate talking to their CS. I will just have to ship the other phone with a prepaid card to my sister to add to it when she transfers her number. I'm sure I will be on the phone helping her get it all done.

Nightowlz1354516278.4179737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Finally got it activated. Took them a couple hours to get the mins & days left from the other phone transferred. Called the other number to get the 1400 mins activated & it says it's unavailable call back later. Guess I will have to wait to get that finished tomorrow. Wished they had it set up like they did when I bought the LG800. You could go online to activate the mins. Now you have to call. SuzieQ4me just go through the steps that come with the phone when you get it. I did not have any problems doing this online other then waiting for them to transfer the info from the other phone.

dgluvr1354525731.7235257 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

There is a Stateside number in Florida if you're having outsourcing trouble. When they answer from another country, ask to be transferred- they HAVE to transfer you if you ask. They might (or not) ask WHY you want to be transferred- you don't have to say why- Sometimes they will insist because they thinkyou are going to say something bad and they say they have to ask their supervisor.Just insist that you want to talk to USA. (I've had tracfones for YEARS- and they don't tell you that there's a stateside number- but there is.

Nightowlz1354566641.5939737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I called the number to get the 1400 mins. added this morning. It was an automated system. The mins were added within 15 mins of the call. It does say can take up to 24 hrs to add the 1400 mins.

suzieQ4me when you get your phone if you have any questions you can go to their tutorials online that has lots of answers. This link may help.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG840G&locale=en_US

Last edited on 12/3/2012

Last edited on 12/3/2012

suzieQ4me1354739716.7774659 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

Thank you kindly, Nightowlz!

janiemay1354742451.673323 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008New York City

I, too, hate to talk to their Customer Service which I think is very poor. You wait a very long time for service. You are always referred to the web site which isn't that easy to find answer to your problems. I will never again purchase a Tracfone.

Naneen1354779409.57339 PostsRegistered 3/12/2007

My husband and I both bought the LG840G, and called and had the rep transfer our old tracfone number from our old phones, as well as our un-used minutes, and also activated the triple minutes. She had a bit of an accent, but was very helpful and patient for two 60-something, non-tech savy persons as ourselves. We were using our phones within two hours. The only thing we can't seem to figure out, and the online instruction manual isn't clear about (at least to us) is how to use the email feature. I think I'll take it to a friend we know who works for Radio Shack and have him show me. As far as WI-FI, if you have a network in your home, like Linksys or AT&T, you can use the WI-FI for free without using up minutes, as the phone will connect to your wireless WI-FI (hope this makes sense). But if you're out and about and no WI-FI is available and you want to use it, it will then use up minutes. I forgot to ask the rep if she could also transfer all my contacts from my old phone... so I've been re-inserting them myself. I don't have too many, thank goodness, cause it can take a while to get all that done. It was very easy to set up the voicemail feature too, so now people can leave a message...didn't have that feature on our old trafone.

So far, have been using it, and it works just fine.... just need to figure out the email

ok4ablonde21354823083.0238837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest
On 12/2/2012 seehorse said:
We bought the LG840 and had no trouble transferring phone number and minutes. People need to follow the directions given! We bought tracfones from HSN in the past and they always had the "minutes" card packed with it. This time it wasn't there, but directions were enclosed to activate phone first and then get the extra minutes.

I read a lot of the reviews and feel that some of the negatives are due to not knowing how to do certain things with the phone. Some is "operator error." One of the complaints is that it doesn't have a querty keyboard, but it does!

Edited to say that I read some more reviews and someone complained that the Wi-Fi isn't free. It is!

Last edited on 12/2/2012

I read some of those reviews on this phone and I have to shake my head at the idiotic comments. Some people don't need a cell phone if they are that dumb. I'd say 90% is operator error. My dbf has this phone and I wish I would have waited for this one; I have the Samsung phone from last summer that was more "Blackberry" styled.

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

Page 1 of 1