TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 11300 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Can I print from my Kindle Fire HD if I have a Wireless printer?

Started 1352992824.01 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1353026515.48 by rogan
replies

I have been researching and I can print if I have a printer with "cloud" on it, but I don't. It is a wireless printer without cloud.

That may not be the proper way to say it, but it is the best I can do.

Is there an ap so it will hook up to my wifi printer?

I only saw one app when searching and it didn't work for most people. It would have to be simple for me.

Thanks!

Mima

Page 1 of 1
nhbelle1352998072.71781 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

I am considering getting a Kindle Fire and have been trying to find out the same thing. From the research I have done so far, it looks like there is an app Printer Share Mobile Print for 12.95$ that will work. This info came from the Kindle Forum on amazon. It does nearby direct printing via WIFI and Bluetooth and USB without a PC. Maybe someone else will answer who has the Kindle Fire.

PinkSugar1352998871.3820040 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

Ask your question on the Kindle Help Forum. The experts will answer in a minute or two. I always go there with questions. They are super.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

CindyinNC1352999938.343302 PostsRegistered 10/5/2012

I have the original Nook. I'm trying to decide which brand to upgrade to - Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7, Nook Tablet or Nook HD.

At first I considered an iPad, but wasn't sure I wanted to invest that much money in a tablet at this time.

I spend most of my time reading and always get my ebooks from the public library.

mima1353002506.10713892 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
On 11/15/2012 nhbelle said:

I am considering getting a Kindle Fire and have been trying to find out the same thing. From the research I have done so far, it looks like there is an app Printer Share Mobile Print for 12.95$ that will work. This info came from the Kindle Forum on amazon. It does nearby direct printing via WIFI and Bluetooth and USB without a PC. Maybe someone else will answer who has the Kindle Fire.

I wouldn't mind paying $12.95 if I was guaranteed to work. If it didn't work I'd be upset. Do those places have CS to call? Well...I guess I need to go check for myself.

Thanks!

Mima

rogan1353026515.482168 PostsRegistered 8/29/2007

I bought the Printer Share app for my cell phone and LOVE IT. Was worth every nickel. I have been in touch twice with the company's c/s & they responded immediately by email & took care of the problem. (One was my goof.) I have an older Brother wireless laser printer and it still works with it. It will download a "generic" driver which worked fine.

I searched it out because much of my communication with clients etc today is via text message. With Printer Share, you can print out the stream of texts for each contact. As well as anything else from emails to photos to websites. It's a GREAT app. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

PS: that all being said, I don't know if the app is compatible with a K Fire because it's a modified android o/s and my phone is full android. So check the Amazon app store.

Last edited on 11/15/2012

Last edited on 11/15/2012

Page 1 of 1