Better Than Black Friday
126 Members and 7333 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Thoughts on HSN's new Impressions 9.7" Tablet?

Started 1309782062.917 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1314924483.177 by 67clasic
replies

Anybody? It looks like a fairly good one, but I am a little electronically challenged so who knows. Has anyone seen it? What do you think? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
theBabe1309796485.05917 PostsRegistered 6/16/2010the USA

For that much money I'd want something more than a 90 day warranty on labor. I have a Le Pan TC970 tablet that looks almost identical I got from Amazon for $349 same size, etc., and it comes with a full one year warranty on both parts and labor. Free shipping, no sales tax.

Wick11311025966.1671 PostsRegistered 7/18/2011

Sending it back. This very inexpensive and you could purchase the 2 year extra warrenty, break it and they replace it but sevaral problems. The user guide is lacking, it needs much more detail, very vague and there is no troubleshooting section. It comes with a 4GB micro card and works fine but what I thought was great is that it's expandable put another and maybe larger card in (music, pics etc) didn't work. I tried 3 different cards and it either said the card was damaged or it wouldn't recognize it (they were new). Extra Apps to download, well it wouldn't take the user name printed in the App booklet. There were other things. What a shame this has a beautiful screen, the screen is very sensitive and it's really cool but to many issues. Others might be having a great time with there's.

steve1law1312871153.3631 PostsRegistered 8/9/2011
I've had mine about three weeks now and it's a good value. Great screen and responsiveness, and fast friendly telephone tech. service when needed. About to get a download to Android 2.3. Flash works on youtube but not on most other sites and co. can't say when Flash will be updated. Any problems wew corrected by restart (power on from cold) or reset with paper clip through the pinhole. Has some dedicated touch-sensitive keys which make this tablet extra convenient. I definitely like and recommend it and have not encountered any of the problems mentioned on this site before my post.

67clasic1314924483.141 PostsRegistered 9/1/2011

I too am technically challenged but I love this tablet. It is responsive, quick downloads, and the live screen is very nice. I am still learning all the ins and outs of it but I would recommend it. It is a good price for all that you are getting. As one reviewer stated the instruction manual leaves a bit to be desired but overall I would give it a 4.5. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1