The Joy of Christmas
26 Members and 15714 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

PanImage Media Tablet help!!!!

Started 1292286092.14 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1297717531.337 by BleedBlue365

Ok so I got the PanImage Media tablet today and I am so excited to get this....It turns on but there are no icons on the screen at all. All it say's is panimage. Do I need to fully charge it so I can see the icons or should I be able to see them while it is on and charging? Also if I am doing something wrong how do I get to the icon screen???? Any help would be great!!!!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
rosieograd­ie1292374725.5734 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010

Hi I got mine today to, at least you have a screen that shows up, mine is completely blank, will not show up at all, If you find out anything please tell me becouse I was so excited about it and I called panimage and they are suppose to call me back hopefully to send me a new one. There number is 1-800-715-5354 hope it turns out ok.

ALTECHNET1292378133.48725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA

Send them back to QVC and get your money back. Those are called DOA! Not suppose to behave like that. Could be the deep cold weather or where they were imported from to the USA?

Windows Client / Server OS and Android OS Expert

Landylady1292633024.9531 PostsRegistered 12/17/2010

took a little while to figure out where the on/off button, menu button etc are and how to get to keyboard to be able to enter in the key for my internet server -- once you figure all that out, it is fun to explore. Just like a new phone, it takes a while to get all the features figured out. One thing I noted right away - there is no storage spot for the stylus. Music sounds great with my little headphones from my ipod. Pictures look fabulous on the screen. I think it just needs a chance to get used to using it.

smlucas71292652152.2231 PostsRegistered 12/17/2010

Just got mine today and I've had similar initial issues. I've figured most of them out so if you are still having problems, repost and I'll tell you how to do the functions. First of all, you have to press the "Menu" button on the outside rim of the tablet to get the icons to show up. Also, there is a "Hide" function to the right of the screen but I don't think initially they are hidden. One huge problem I had was with entering text. You just hold the stylus (or fingertip) on the text box for a couple of seconds and the keyboard comes up. Lots of things not explained in the instructions, but I love it! I now want a nice case!

LBoiles1292660773.177 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I got mine today too! I had a Demo is Expired on my screen after 5 minutes of use and I had not even hooked it up to the Wi-Fi yet. Thank goodness hubby was home and fixed it. So far I love it. I downloaded the Kindle app and am reading my first book on it. I had purchased the one before this one that had no apps and sent that one back.

I agree you have to get used to it,but once you do you will love it too. It is $500.00 less than a Ipad and I'm having a blast. Good Luck :)

Last edited on 12/18/2010

glb6131292670521.9510865 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/18/2010 smlucas7 said:

Just got mine today and I've had similar initial issues. I've figured most of them out so if you are still having problems, repost and I'll tell you how to do the functions. First of all, you have to press the "Menu" button on the outside rim of the tablet to get the icons to show up. Also, there is a "Hide" function to the right of the screen but I don't think initially they are hidden. One huge problem I had was with entering text. You just hold the stylus (or fingertip) on the text box for a couple of seconds and the keyboard comes up. Lots of things not explained in the instructions, but I love it! I now want a nice case!

Tablets, including the iPad, don't work same way a computer does.

CarolynFro­mLongIsland1292672677.8372682 PostsRegistered 10/12/2006
On 12/18/2010 LBoiles said:

I got mine today too! I had a Demo is Expired on my screen after 5 minutes of use and I had not even hooked it up to the Wi-Fi yet. Thank goodness hubby was home and fixed it. So far I love it. I downloaded the Kindle app and am reading my first book on it. I had purchased the one before this one that had no apps and sent that one back.

I agree you have to get used to it,but once you do you will love it too. It is $500.00 less than a Ipad and I'm having a blast. Good Luck :)

how was this fixed...I have a friend who is having this problem

Carolyn

Jeanne R1292672955.5834788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

sounds good ,

makeupaddi­cted11292673184.991117 PostsRegistered 9/16/2006

I have read all the complaints about this tablet, and I expected the worse when I received mine. I got out the instruction manual and followed carefully along and have had NO problems at all with mine. I find it to be a quite handy gadget. I just don't understand why so many seem to be having so much trouble. I am happy with mine.

glb6131292677202.90310865 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/18/2010 makeupaddicted1 said:

I have read all the complaints about this tablet, and I expected the worse when I received mine. I got out the instruction manual and followed carefully along and have had NO problems at all with mine. I find it to be a quite handy gadget. I just don't understand why so many seem to be having so much trouble. I am happy with mine.

You read the manual.

MaryShopper1292684347.573129 PostsRegistered 4/4/2009

okay, I can't even get mine charged..... Reading the manual, it says to plug adapter into wall and then into unit, will get a red light while charging and will go to green when done. I had no problem starting that but after about 5 or 10 minutes the red charging light went off (?). I re-plugged twice more and then decided maybe it went "dark" while charging so I left it. After 6 hours there was no light so I re-plugged and it was still red........? What am I doing wrong?

marcianac1292690620.143 PostsRegistered 6/16/2008

Am having same issue with charging. Red light comes on, come back in two, four, six hours and no light. Unplug, plug back in and red light comes on. Same thing happens. I am letting it run until battery shuts unit off and then going to try charging and see if this lets it get a full charge. I will report back. Wish me luck.

mstip731292696501.0631 PostsRegistered 12/18/2010

I receive my panimage i didnt have a problem with anything except getting on the internet even when i connect with wifi i still cant get online but every thing is fine i load pic and music that works just fine i need help i really like it i hate to send it back!! Oh i see that alot of ppl is talking about the red light when charging the red light does goes out when charging but its ok it still charging and you wont see a green light when its fully charge though but i find that it doesnt matter because it still had a full charge.

swtdj1292739261.9071 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

Ok so I got the PanImage Media tablet and was using it for all of 2 days. Then last night after using it I shut it off and when I tried to turn it back on all I get is Panimage showing with a series of letters and numbers to the bottom right screen. I clicked the menu button and nothing is coming up; no icons; no menu; nothing. It's like its frozen or locked and if I don't turn it off it just stays on unlike what it use to d,o and that is it powers down if I walk away from it to long.

Does anyone no how to getout of this lock stage? I don't want to send it back but may have to if I can't undo this problem. I have even got one for my daughter and have been working on hers to see if I can some how get mine going, but to no avail.

HELP!

Never mind with the help it's going back!

Last edited on 12/19/2010

Last edited on 12/19/2010

steve19691292765329.571 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010
On 12/18/2010 CarolynFromLongIsland said:
On 12/18/2010 LBoiles said:

how was this fixed...I have a friend who is having this problem

I have same problem and can't get DEMO EXPIRED off my screen . How did you fix this problem. thx

Media Girl1292782329.05318 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

I am using my panimage 7" media tablet. I read through the instructions and I did visit one site to obtain more information for using this tablet, which proved to be very helpful.

I have located a link to download droid apks, this site allowed access through my computer and there is an apk download to use on the tablet. I have downloaded apks that allow me to view different media formats, downloaded the kindle and my account with the books appeared nicely. I have accessed internet websites and downloaded mp3 and pdf.

All emails will not work because the carrier does not allow the email to work with this system, it is not the pad. I am using an email that works nicely with the pad.

I have loaded my personal pdf on the panimage 7" and I am able to read the pdf files nicely.

I have only downloaded free apk programs and they are doing the job for what I need. I am not hard on the results because a programmer took their time to provide a free apk for tablet that is not linked to the main market.

I do not know anything about the ipad nor have I touched an ipad.

I have not rooted or changed the settings, as my media tablet came with the upgraded version.

The only thing I am missing is an apk that will allow access to flash sites.

I will post the links if anyone is interested just reply to the post. Thanks

Media Girl1292783224.92718 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

Sorry the answer to your question to press the menu button next to volume button on the right side of the table. The shortcut icons will appear, then look for a black arrow to reveal the additional programs on the unit, use the stylus to open in a pull motion.

SF mike1292794887.5632 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

PLEASE Does anyone have "the fix" for DEMO VERSION HAS EXPIRED which shows up on the screen no matter what I've tried to do to correct the problem (phoned QVC NO help .. phoned PanDigital tech support NO help .. read many many comments on the web with NO help for the display problem {#emotions_dlg.mad} I'm pretty savy with tech devices and own a Android smart phone (Verizon Droid) so I know the system pretty well. I've reset the tablet 3 times, again with NO solution for the "DEMO VERSION HAS EXPIRED" Although this is only the 1.6 operating system (2.2 is latest with flash) I would like to keep it for a "hot spot" device. THANK YOU EVERYONE OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME !!!! Merry Xmas !! Michael

SF mike1292795183.5432 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

ps .. If you are having problems navigating with the stylus MAKE SURE you go to settings, then press CALIBRATE to "center" the screen and touchpad areas for more accuracy. You may have to press the stylus below the application to get to settings (that was my experience) Again, PLEASE post any fixes for the display problem "DEMO VERSION HAS EXPIRED" so I (and my Sis) do not have to return these now very frustrating tablets. THANKS !!!!!!!!

kittymom61292795739.271203 PostsRegistered 8/10/2010

There is actually a little (hidden) storage slot for the stylus. If you are holding your Panimage vertically, it is on the bottom right corner. I just take my fingernail and pull down and there it is!! I'd like to get a couple more, in case I lose this one.

I now want to get a nice little case for mine. I was looking last night on the B & N website and there are several that would work nicely. Now it is just a matter of choosing...they are on a pretty good sale right now, too. Just a nice extra.

Kal9631292805576.991 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010
Ok this thing is junk, had it working, and charging, now it won't come on at all. Charge light goes off. No help from cust service at qvc, she really had the 800 number to call quickly at pan digital, Seems like a lot of people are having too many problems. Can't return it fast enough, and the kit!

15dee1292868241.4031 PostsRegistered 12/20/2010
On 12/19/2010 Media Girl said:

I am using my panimage 7" media tablet. I read through the instructions and I did visit one site to obtain more information for using this tablet, which proved to be very helpful.

I have located a link to download droid apks, this site allowed access through my computer and there is an apk download to use on the tablet. I have downloaded apks that allow me to view different media formats, downloaded the kindle and my account with the books appeared nicely. I have accessed internet websites and downloaded mp3 and pdf.

All emails will not work because the carrier does not allow the email to work with this system, it is not the pad. I am using an email that works nicely with the pad.

I have loaded my personal pdf on the panimage 7" and I am able to read the pdf files nicely.

I have only downloaded free apk programs and they are doing the job for what I need. I am not hard on the results because a programmer took their time to provide a free apk for tablet that is not linked to the main market.

I do not know anything about the ipad nor have I touched an ipad.

I have not rooted or changed the settings, as my media tablet came with the upgraded version.

The only thing I am missing is an apk that will allow access to flash sites.

I will post the links if anyone is interested just reply to the post. Thanks

I'm interested in the links. especially how to get e-books.

thanks

WillC191292885006.431 PostsRegistered 12/20/2010

Okay so I have a problem, I don't have any wi-fi so I am trying to set mine up with the ethernet cord and I have no Idea how to do it cause it askes for so much informmation and when I put in what I believe to be the correct numbers I still do not have a internet connection. Its starting to make me mad cause its really no use with out internet for me.

If anyone could help me out here is my email trumpetboy10@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Will

ExtremeOnl­ineShopper1292886913.49784 PostsRegistered 11/19/2010

If you don't have Wi-Fi at home, you will still need to plug the PanImage into a router. It won't work if you plug it into your cable/DSL modem.

If you take it to a hotspot at bookstore, coffe shop or McDonalds it should work for you there.

stanman17471292896658.1571 PostsRegistered 12/20/2010

I just got my tablet today and I also bought a udisk, I downloaded a movie and attached the udisk to the transfer box, I have no clue on how to view the movie, I tried everything according to the booklet but it just won't happen, I need some help with this, please help...

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next