TSV(R) Preview
134 Members and 11464 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Free and Safe Movie Download Sites

Started 1265328655 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1265693929 by jasica1
replies
I want to start downloading movies and TV shows. There are so many sites! Which are safe, and free? What has been your experience? TIA
--
"Failure is impossible."
Susan B. Anthony

Pro-aging.

Page 1 of 1
adoreqvc12653296695469 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
read the fine print very carefully on these sites, and if it is a movie still in the theaters and not yet released on dvd fo purchase, do not download or watch it on the internet, because that is illegal.
movies are usually in theaters first, then they are released for cable and other subscription home tv services which are pay per view movies, and then they are released for purchase or rent at video and other stores by consumers.
for tv and news channels just go to their web sites and you can even watch on line, as they have series available as well as video clips on a variety of subjects and newscasts.
--
Edited by adoreqvc at 02/04/2010 3:29 PM PST

Last edited on 2/4/2010

IEmmaBear1265337048426 PostsRegistered 7/6/2008
Moving beyond the faux legal treatise, check out sites like hulu.com, though they just announced that they may start charging. And tvsquad.com. Many broadcast networks offer streaming complete episodes. If you want to download them, there are applications available to do that. Use Google for some of those suggestions.

nutmeg312653384254953 PostsRegistered 6/18/2007NJ
> read the fine print very carefully on these sites,
> and if it is a movie still in the theaters and not
> yet released on dvd fo purchase, do not download or
> watch it on the internet, because that is illegal.
>
You could possibly get a virus in your computer.

disdatmac12653891042540 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006New England USA
> Moving beyond the faux legal treatise, check out
> sites like hulu.com, though they just announced that
> they may start charging. And tvsquad.com. Many
> broadcast networks offer streaming complete episodes.
> If you want to download them, there are applications
> s available to do that. Use Google for some of those
> suggestions.
Hulu is going to start charging? Well that makes me sad! I love watching hulu, but I won't pay for it.

:) debbie T

Divided-Guy12654067855265 PostsRegistered 7/10/2008Why Do You Care???
Try........watch-movies-online.tv............
--
And that's MY opinion, what's yours???
--
Edited by Divided-Guy at 02/05/2010 12:53 PM PST

Last edited on 2/5/2010

And that's MY opinion, what's yours???

IEmmaBear1265430207426 PostsRegistered 7/6/2008
> Hulu is going to start charging?
From the LA Times:
[u]At Hulu, 'free' may soon turn into 'fee'[/u]
By Dawn C. Chmielewski and Alex Pham
January 21, 2010
Hulu soared to popularity by offering free online viewing of popular TV shows. Now that free ride may soon end.
The Internet video site is weighing plans to charge users to watch episodes of "30 Rock," "Modern Family" and "House." The move would mark a sharp change of course for the venture, which was launched nearly two years ago by a consortium of studios to distribute without charge TV shows and movies over the Internet.
The site has spent months studying how to strike a balance between what people expect to watch free online and what they would be willing to pay for, said people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to speak publicly.
One plan being considered would allow users to view the five most recent episodes of TV shows free but would require a subscription of $4.99 a month to watch older episodes. Hulu believes it will need at least 20 TV series -- both current ones and those no longer on the air -- to make such a pay service attractive to users. A firm pricing model could emerge within six months, the sources said.

Page 1 of 1