Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook? Is QVC getting this for a Holiday "TSV"?

I have a Nook, but sure would like to get the Samsung Galaxy Nook. The "Q" magazine usually shows upcoming "TSV's" and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if this will or will not be apart of any upcoming Holiday "TSV" shows?

Respected Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook? Is QVC getting this for a Holiday ""TSV""?

I have a friend who gets the Insider and it hasn't been listed yet, but the latest Insider she's seen is the October issue. It could be a TSV in either November or early December.

I'd love to see a presentation on it, as I'm considering upgrading myself.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I think it's a waste of money. I read today that the Galaxy nook has lots of lag and the nook software takes up too much space. I think it's better to get a regular tablet and use the nook app
Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 kcladyz said: I think it's a waste of money. I read today that the Galaxy nook has lots of lag and the nook software takes up too much space. I think it's better to get a regular tablet and use the nook app

Thanks, I hadn't heard any feedback about it, so I'll keep this in mind. I'm still very happy with my Nook HD, so if this new one is a dud, I'll just wait until the next version.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

B&N now has a Samsung 10" Nook for sale. That's the one I wanted, as it has a large screen. The only problem is that it's only 16GB. You can get an SD card, but it'll cost additional $$$ and the 10" Nook is already over $300.00. I'm hoping for a sale before the holidays. I love my Nook HD, but I really want one with a much larger screen, as I end up watching shows on it even more than reading books. Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Topaz Gem said:

B&N now has a Samsung 10" Nook for sale. That's the one I wanted, as it has a large screen. The only problem is that it's only 16GB. You can get an SD card, but it'll cost additional $$$ and the 10" Nook is already over $300.00. I'm hoping for a sale before the holidays. I love my Nook HD, but I really want one with a much larger screen, as I end up watching shows on it even more than reading books. Wink

B&N had a sale for Black Friday and Cyper Monday. I have a 16GB Samsung tablet with 11 GB of free space. It runs well and I love the display of the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4".

Amazon has micro SD cards on sale.

Respected Contributor

On 12/9/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 12/9/2014 Topaz Gem said:

B&N had a sale for Black Friday and Cyper Monday. I have a 16GB Samsung tablet with 11 GB of free space. It runs well and I love the display of the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4".

Amazon has micro SD cards on sale.

Thanks, I'll check them out. I think I'm going to pick one up for my existing Nook HD, as I need more storage thanks to all the Free Friday Nook books that I've downloaded. Wink

Respected Contributor

The resolution of the Samsung Nook is not nearly as good as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro. I have a 2 year old Nook HD and am thinking about upgrading. My choice would be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro over the Samsung Nook simply because the resolution is better.