Regular Contributor

Just got done reading these 2 fantastic mysteries. You won't be able to put them down.

Remains of Innocence by J. A. JANCE

Sight Unseen by IRIS JOHANSEN

Trusted Contributor
I'm always looking for good mysteries to read. These both sound really good! I love J.A. Jance but usually just the J.P. Beaumont series. I used to like Iris Johansen too but got tired of the Eve Duncan series. Thanks for the info- I'll probably get them both.
Super Contributor

The J.A. Jance books, do they have to be read in order?

Regular Contributor
I have read all of J A Jance's in order, but believe me this book you will love it even if you have never read any of her books....it is fantastic. Iris Johansen's book is not about Eve Duncan....you will love it.
Respected Contributor

Hi, sallyann38, thanks for the recommendations. They both sound like something I would love to read. I checked them out on Amazon and was disappointed they cost about $13 each for my Kindle. Did you get them via Amazon and pay that much?

Occasional Contributor

Love mysteries also - have just finished two from a new author - Killing Time and Dead Silent- by Amy Beth Arkawy - interesting characters - can't wait for the third in the series to come out. A true fun read.

Respected Contributor

I'm reading James Anderson mysteries ...

- The Affair of the Bloodstained Egg Cosy

- The Affair of the Mutilated Mink

- The Affair of the Thiry-Nine Cufflinks

These were written in the 1980's-90's, but they employ a 1930's English country manor house party setting. The plots are very clever, the characters are fun, and there's a lot of subtle humor along the way. Very entertaining and highly recommended.

Trusted Contributor

Just discovered Jance - started "Guilty until proven innocent" yesterday. It's the first of the Beaumont series. So far, I like it. If you like mysteries - check out Linda Castillo. Just finished her Burkholder series. Great reads!

Trusted Contributor

Well, I'm sure I'll be laughed at for asking -- but concerning J.A. Jance -- is there a lot of cursing in this author's books? I just personally don't enjoy it when an author uses excessive foul language. I don't find it necessary for a book to be a good one.Smile

Respected Contributor

i love the sheriff brady series-i'm on waitlist for this one.

i just finished Invisible by james patterson. it was good too.

i just started a new, jack reacher novel. good so far.

i get mine from the library books and ebooks. no charge