Honored Contributor

April's Kindle First Offerings!

If you're an Amazon Prime member you can get one of four new e-books this month for free! One of the offerings is by an author I'm familiar with. That's "I am Livia" a Historic Fiction novel by Phyllis T. Smith. "I am Livia" was a finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) a few years back. I voted for it to win the award that year, but she came up just short. It's now being published however and is one of the four offerings in this month's Kindle First program. Phyllis was a frequent participant in the ABNA forums on Amazon (and still drops by from time to time) and seems like a genuinely nice person, so if one of the other books doesn't catch your interest, consider downloading her book. I already have. Last I checked "I am Livia" was #3 in the Kindle Store for paid books so lots of people are giving it a read.

The other three books this month are a YA novel titled "Killing Ruby Rose" by Jessie Humphreys, a Romance novel titled "Home to Stay (An Anchor Island Novel)" by Terri Osburn, and a Thriller titled "Plaster City (A Jimmy Veeder Fiasco)" by Johnny Shaw.

If you want to learn more, enter "Kindle First" in Amazon's search box and it'll lead you to the right information or try following this link. (Links aren't posting so well for me lately though.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/kindle/botm/

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: April's Kindle First Offerings!

Thanks, I am a new Prime Member and was looking for something to try.

Honored Contributor

I look forward to seeing the new Kindle First offerings each month and I was thrilled to see her book selected as one. Getting a free book each month is a great little bonus feature of the Prime membership.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I appreciate this thread being started because I never know which of those kindle first books to chose and it would be nice to read some reviews of them. I am going to get I Am Livia.

Honored Contributor

It's always a guessing game as to which book to select since we're getting them before any reviews are posted. In this case, I know Phyllis T. Smith and I've read parts of her book previously, so I'm pretty comfortable with that recommendation.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks, gardenman, I did order "I Am Livia" the other day. Sounds really interesting.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up - just ordered I Am Livia.

Honored Contributor

About 3 weeks ago (maybe less) HSN had the Kindle Fire something or other as their TSV for $199.

My youngest daughter (adult) skiis every weekend and goes fishing every weekend in the summer with a guy friend of her's.

I thought, "Good grief! That sounds cheap". So I sent her one to carry along with her on her skii trips.

I own most of the items Apple sells and I love them. She on the other hand never wants me to buy her any. At first she said, "I don't care what it costs. I don't want it. I don't have time for it".

I sent it to her anyway. Long story short. She loves it. She and her friend watch Videos, check the slopes, you name it!

I highly recommend it (based on her experience).

You ladies are all so kind to each other. What is it about the daytime ladies?

The daytime ladies are so much kinder to each other. I have a short term memory (I forget things sometimes). It comes in handy because I don't pay attention to people who are mean to each other.

I do notice that the nighttime ladies are much more angry with each other.

Take care ladies. You rock!

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder for Prime members. You've got one week left to pick up the April Kindle First offering if you haven't already taken advantage of it. Don't let a free book get away! Grab one while you can. Next Friday the May offerings will appear.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Well I just wonder what anyone recommends for the July book. I haven't picked one yet.