Honored Contributor

Any recommendations for case for Kindle HDX 7"?

I want something slim, light, and that turns it on and off then you close the cover. Also, I'd like one that doesn't make the Kindle "upside down" like many I've read about. Any suggestions? I would appreciate any information!

Like I say, slim, light and looks good! LOL!!! I will mostly be reading from this one, not much game playing or other activities.

THANKS!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for case for Kindle HDX 7""?

Amazon has a leather one that turns off & on when you open it. I have my 8.9 in one. My 7"" is in a VB.

Trusted Contributor

This one is the wrong size for you (E225518) but it is the same one that came with our 7"" Kindle that we ordered from the Q before Christmas. I LOVE THIS CASE! Maybe you can search it out elsewhere and find one.

Contributor

I have the Marblue case for my Kindle HD. I love it! It is leather, slim and fits to a "t". I don't know if this is available for the Kindle HDX. I also bought this case for my granddaughter who dropped her Kindle in the lake (for just a second and pulled it right out). The Kindle was gone but the case still looks like new. We're still using it. I bought mine off Amazon but I think it's the same case the Kindles came with from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I suggest going to Amazon and search for cases for your tablet. They have lots of cases with reviews.

Honored Contributor

I love the covers made by Vera Bradley. They're soft and well padded. They seem to fit in my handbag well and they're lightweight. I got a holder from LapWorks on Amazon that is a clamp with a strap through which your hand goes. You can literally hold the device in the palm of your hand for hours with no effort. It cuts down on the possibility of it being dropped too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2014 nutmeg3 said:

I suggest going to Amazon and search for cases for your tablet. They have lots of cases with reviews.

Yes, but I trust reviews here more! Some of us have been around these boards for a very long time and we tell it like it is!

Respected Contributor

When I bought my first Kindle which was the HD version, I paid $50 or $60 for an Amazon case.

When I bought my newest Kindle (7" HDX) I bought the Poetic case from Amazon for a fraction of the price. It is very slim and light weight. It fits like a glove. I love it. It also automatically turns the Kindle HDX off and on automatically when opening and closing.

The only negative is that it opens opposite of my other case. So if I open it like I do my other one, the screen is upside down until it automatically corrects itself. It's no big deal. At first it bothered me, but I got used to it.

I like it every bit as good as the authentic Amazon cover.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2014 mima said:

When I bought my first Kindle which was the HD version, I paid $50 or $60 for an Amazon case.

When I bought my newest Kindle (7" HDX) I bought the Poetic case from Amazon for a fraction of the price. It is very slim and light weight. It fits like a glove. I love it. It also automatically turns the Kindle HDX off and on automatically when opening and closing.

The only negative is that it opens opposite of my other case. So if I open it like I do my other one, the screen is upside down until it automatically corrects itself. It's no big deal. At first it bothered me, but I got used to it.

I like it every bit as good as the authentic Amazon cover.

That is the one I have looked at most and thought about buying. Glad you posted that! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2014 Sooner said:
On 2/4/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Yes, but I trust reviews here more! Some of us have been around these boards for a very long time and we tell it like it is!

I like the reviews here, but Amazon can have 9000 reviews for a Kindle e-reader cover.