Esteemed Contributor

Have you gone to Kindle version of your favorite magazines? Do you like it?

I wanted to cut back on paper clutter.

The Kindle version is more expensive then print, which seems odd to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Magazines on Kindle Fire HD

I haven't tried magazines, but I hate cookbooks on the Kindle. Anything you want to skip around reading doesn't work well IMO. I skip around in magazines, so I know I wouldn't like it.

Honored Contributor

Just last night I changed my Shape magazine subscription over to digital. I don't mind reading that one on my Kindle, but my cooking and food magazines, I'm not sure how that will work. I enjoy sitting down with them in all their glossy glory. LOL I don't tear out recipes anymore, I just pin them now, so I think I will be able to transition them to my Kindle if I have to.

I downloaded Zinio last night. You can get Zinio on your Fire or HD but you have to download it manually from the Zinio website. It's not in the Play store or on Amazon.com. I googled and found the instructions for how to do it. It was easy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I do a ton of magazines from Tanga. I wasn't paying attention to the sales and must have signd up for Eating Well renewal specials 4 or 5 times. My subscription now runs through 2021. LOL

Ooops!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I have a few I get on my kindle and ipad My favorite is Better Homes and Garden. I love all the interactive ad dons that you can not see in the paper version. Has anyone tried nextissue? For one price of 9.99 a month you have unlimited use of reading over 100 magazines with their app. For those that read a lot of magazines it's a great value