Super Contributor

Just got a Kindle Paperwhite and I'm looking for book recs. I like anything except science fiction/fantasy. Anyone read something great recently? Thanks!

Contributor

Re: What are you reading now?

I'm reading After Her by Joyce Maynard and so far (2/3 through) it's very good. It's a girl's coming of age story set inside a murder mystery/thriller.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Missouri Heartlander said:

I'm reading After Her by Joyce Maynard and so far (2/3 through) it's very good. It's a girl's coming of age story set inside a murder mystery/thriller.

I LOVED After Her, but then again I've loved every single one of her books. The movie Labor Day is coming out at the end of the month. Another great book by Ms. Maynard. CAn't wait!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg

Valued Contributor

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. The experiences of west coast Asian-heritage Americans after Pearl Harbor. Set in Seattle

Trusted Contributor

I just discovered author Olivia Newport and her new Hidden Falls series. Episode 1 is free. I just read it, and I really liked it. I already ordered Episode 2! From her FB page:
Hidden Falls Is An Exciting New 13-Part Serial Novel by Olivia Newport From Shiloh Run Studios. A new episode releases every week starting Jan. 24.
Honored Contributor

Lee Childs, Jack Reacher series, now reading "The Persuader". I love this series.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I am reading Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg. I recently found out what a great author she is.
Respected Contributor

I'm reading The Mystery Box by Eva Pohler. It is a free (right now) Kindle book. So far it is really good. It is usually not the type I read.

Honored Contributor

Star magazine, People magazine, The Washington Post Newspaper.

I just ordered the Kindle thing HSN was selling yesterday. I will probably give it to my daughter though.

I used to read constantly. Now between watching TV and everything else, I don't have much time to read anything that matters.

Also, when my husband died, I inherited several businesses, they keep me busy reading stuff I don't understand.