Guaranteed Delivery
101 Members and 16763 Guests Online

eBook Club

Nook Simple Touch and battery problems

Started 1323308105.937 in eBook Club | Last reply 1323991353.427 by kayt
replies

I've had my Nook since late June...this is my second one, the first one had a defective battery and they replaced it and now this one seems to have battery problems, too. I'm not a happy camper right now and I'm wondering if any of you with the Simple Touch has encountered problems with the battery. I've recharged it twice in the last 5 days and usually I get a month out of a charge, so I'm going to try it for a couple days and then call customer service if it runs down again in a few days.

Is it true that if you have to send a kindle back because of a problem, Amazon replaces it with a refurbished unit, not a new one?

TIA.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and he no longer votes democratic.......I don't know, I heard it somewhere.

Page 1 of 1
gardenman1323358569.717300 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

Pretty much everyone replaces a returned electronic item with a refurbished one anymore. The repair/refurbishing typically takes place overseas and they wait until they get a full shipping container of items to refurbish before they ship it off. The trip to Asia takes a week or so and then the items have to be refurbished/repaired, tested, packaged and shipped back. If you were waiting for your item that whole time you could be waiting weeks/months from the time it left your hands until it got back to the states. Most people would prefer to have a comparable item in their hands as quickly as possible, therefore most suppliers will now have a stockpile of refurbished items that have been tested and proven good, standing by, and when a damaged item comes in they'll immediately ship out a refurbished one to replace it as quickly as possible.

It's done with laptop computers, gaming systems, digital cameras, e-readers, cellular phones, and pretty much anything else you can name. It's the fastest, easiest, and best way of handling such issues. I've heard of people having a replacement Kindle in their hands less than 48 hours after they shipped their's off. If Amazon tried to fix units and return the identical unit the customer submitted, it would take weeks/months to get it back in the customer's hands. It just makes more sense to replace the unit as quickly as possible to keep everyone happy.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

Poodlepet21323980766.723991 PostsRegistered 9/21/2006Punta Gorda Florida

Did you call customer service? I've had little issues with my Nook-incomplete downloads, battery life questions, updating....and I have to say, their customer service has been fabulous. Call them now before the onslaught of gift-giving begins and you have to wait to speak to somebody. It's 1-800-THE-BOOK.

Poodlepet

kayt1323991353.4273278 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004
On 12/15/2011 Poodlepet said:

Did you call customer service? I've had little issues with my Nook-incomplete downloads, battery life questions, updating....and I have to say, their customer service has been fabulous. Call them now before the onslaught of gift-giving begins and you have to wait to speak to somebody. It's 1-800-THE-BOOK.

Poodlepet

It's been acting fine since the last charge so for now, everything's good.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and he no longer votes democratic.......I don't know, I heard it somewhere.

Page 1 of 1