Contributor

Ever had to deal with D&B Customer Service?

I purchased a D&B tote during the "12 Days of Dooney" in December. I didn't like the wavy pattern in the leather, so I returned it. Nearly 4 months later, I still haven't received a refund. I've called Customer Service at least 8 times and sent documentation (my purchase receipt, my FedEx return receipt, etc.), and it is clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Exasperating! My next step will be to send a certified letter to Peter Dooney in the hope that he will take D&B customer satisfaction seriously.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever had to deal with D&B Customer Service?

I have and it isn't often pretty. Neither is ILD's CS... I think I found a CS representative that was actually competent and helpful when calling DB once... and I mean once...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Not to sound too dramatic but I would try one more letter stating that you will be contacting the State Attorney Generals Office regarding their business practices. Give them a time frame to respond to you. Before I retired I worked in an executive office of a very, very large financial firm and my position required me to work with AG offices across the country. They will get results for you, but hopefully DB will take this final letter serious and will resolve your issue.
Valued Contributor

I returned bags to DB and ILD and had no issues with my refunds.... so something unusual must have happened here.... did you check your credit cards statements again to make sure you didn't miss it?
Honored Contributor

I returned a "Twelve Days of Dooney" bag and received a prompt refund. However, the CS rep I had to deal with was not the greatest. Not bad, but not great.

Honored Contributor

FM, there's another big Sutton as-is showing... or at least there was a while ago...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 stevieb said:

FM, there's another big Sutton as-is showing... or at least there was a while ago...

Saw it Stevie, thank you. Wasn't sure if I should risk an "as is" or wait for it to go on Dooney clearance where there would be a better chance of getting a perfect one.

I keep hesitating (and losing.){#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trusted Contributor

Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Problem solved.

Honored Contributor

I have not dealt with Dooney's customer service, but I have the I Love Dooney, without any problems. Are they one and the same?
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tracked the return on the FEDEX tracking site to ensure it was actually received by D&B?