Regular Contributor

Please give me a clue on Dooney shopping ..

OK I just came from Macys D&B same price for the Lexington $198.00 no shipping ...why are people buying this online for $10.72 extra for shipping. Plus I had 25% off and can use on D&B.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please give me a clue on Dooney shopping ..

Because the only store near me that sells Dooney is Dillards and my store has a teeny tiny selection of styles and colors.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

On 3/28/2015 jaxs mom said:

Because the only store near me that sells Dooney is Dillards and my store has a teeny tiny selection of styles and colors.

My Macys will give you the 25% off online and order it for you if the color is not in the store.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your new bag.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Many store websites offer more options than they might have in store... and the department stores offer real sales that often include brand name bags... The Dooney website ships free... The only reason to order here is Easy Pay and, of course, if they do actually have a bag or color available absolutely nowhere else that you really want... The only Dooney bags I've ordered from QVC in recent memory, and it's been a while, have been 'as is', which is pretty much the only way you get a price break. Unfortunately, the high shipping still applies and even the marked down prices aren't marked down enough.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Different things are important to different people and different stores/online sources offer different advantages/disadvantages. QVC offers easy pay, which is important to some people. Also QVC often has a larger selection of colors and sometimes unique styles or configurations. Seeing a presentation makes it much easier to shop if you haven't seen the item in person. And of course, you see it, you love it, and you buy it. Also QVC customer service is very good and the return process is easy.

Other stores or online sources offer better prices... sometimes up to half off, if you are lucky. But colors are often limited and in some cases there are no returns. So it all depends upon what is available to you (brick and mortar stores) and what is important to you in terms of pricing, budgeting, and returns.

I often shop on the phone with the Dooney outlets. Great prices, but returns are limited to store credit. I work with a sales associate who checks over the handbag for me to be sure it's in good condition. But the process doesn't lend itself to look-see, you have to know you want it.

Honored Contributor

Although QVC sometimes seems to unveil new Dooney bags after they've been seen elsewhere, it is a good place to see them presented if one hasn't been out to see them in a store... Of course, that doesn't mean for a minute that they have to be purchased here...

Honored Contributor

I generally look at the bags on the Q, then go buy them elsewhere for less. Most of us here do the same.

On another note: Stevie, did you see the Sutton Hampshire Tote "As Is" bag the other day? It didn't last long.

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 faeriemoon said:

I generally look at the bags on the Q, then go buy them elsewhere for less. Most of us here do the same.

On another note: Stevie, did you see the Sutton Hampshire Tote "As Is" bag the other day? It didn't last long.

Hey FM, I finally broke down and scored one... Wink I was off Dooney and now I am again, but I did want that one bag... By the way, FM, did you see the Dagger satchel is down to seventy-five bucks over on MH...?

Honored Contributor

I won't shop at Macy's, even if they want to sell me a Dooney for 50% off. They wrote to Texas Governor Rick Perry and asked him to veto a fair pay act for women, which he did. Macy's thinks that women should have obstacles between them and a fair paycheck, so I'm going to be an obstacle between Macy's and my money.

Sometimes it's about more than saving a buck. And sometimes it is about saving a buck, which is why my Dooney bags come from several sources - just not Macy's.