Honored Contributor
Where do the Ebay sellers get all these new Dooney handbags to sell? They are sold buy it now, or best offer on some. Some have as many as 50 or more described as new, along with other brands. When one sells, one like it appears soon after. The prices are about $100.00 below retail. Anyone know?
Honored Contributor

If a seller has 50 handbags they're most likely fakes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

QVC outlets.

Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2015 NickNack said:

If a seller has 50 handbags they're most likely fakes.

Maybe, but it seems a seller would have people leaving feedback to that effect.
Honored Contributor

Could be stuff from the outlet stores, they had a big sale not that long ago.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

When my daughter was in college she worked retail for extra spending money. She would wait until the sales and then she was given an additional 30% off the sale price as an employee! She could purchase brand new Dooney's from the store at a fraction of the original price and then she would ebay them for a profit. This may be where several of them are coming from?

Valued Contributor
I received a bag from ebay that had a printed tag that said "QVC employee store". It had a flaw (seller disclosed it), so I can see why it wasn't put out for retail.
Trusted Contributor

The outlet. They are almost always 40% off the QVC Outlet price (normally that price is a few dollars below the QVC online price.)

Occasionally they run even better deals but those aren't often.

They also limit you to two D&B per customer, per day. Of course you can go in with multiple friends, etc but it would still take some doing to amass 50 of them. But it's possible, especially if you are doing it to make money and live near an outlet.

ETA - The employee store is also a possibility as noted by Athenian. I don't know what those rules are so not sure how easy it would be to collect a lot of them Smiley Wink

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I've been an eBay seller of Dooney and Coach bags for the past 15 years. I used to sell in mass quantity but now I only sell bags that I purchased for myself but decided not to keep. It used to be a lot easier to find inventory than it is now. Most of today's mass sellers either purchase from the QVC/Dooney outlets or from stores like Dillards who offer tremendous markdowns during their monthly or seasonal sales. The Dooney.com and ILoveDooney.com websites also had really good black Friday and cyber Monday sales this past holiday season, as well as the 12 days of Dooney that Dooney.com has every year. I purchased the $495 Tessuta woven bags from the ILoveDooney website for $149 during the last holiday sale.

Honored Contributor
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts. I did make a purchase, and received the Dooney bristol in pink today. It is gorgeous, the smooth florentine, and seems to be perfectly real. I love it.