Regular Contributor

Do ladies living in the warmer climates carry the Croco bags?

Hi ladies, I tried to post this over on TPF, but it wouldn't let me start a thread because I don't "contribute" to other threads and just read. Weird.

So here goes.....I'm finally thinking (seriously) of making the move from the cold northeast to somewhere warm year round. Looking over my handbag stash, I have donated a lot, and I am now wondering whether the Croco bags would look silly being carried in the warmer climates.

I have always pulled these out here in the fall/winter, so just wondered what the southern ladies do in this regard.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do ladies living in the warmer climates carry the Croco bags?

I live in Arizona and you bet we carry croco bags year round. Good bags have no season or part of the country as far as I am concerned. I carry a black bag in summer and light brown in winter. I think in warmer climates the rules are much more relaxed and anything goes. Most of my bags are Brahmin.
Honored Contributor

I see quite a bit of croco and I'm in southern Florida. Feel free to hang onto what you love.

I even see a much smaller bit of suede, but I never have brought any of that south when I come for the winter.

Regular Contributor

Thank you both for the responses, which I greatly appreciate. I'm trying to push myself to follow this long-time dream, so I've been taking a look at what I can reduce and started trimming the bags. I love my croco bags, but thought I might look odd carrying them in the winter if it's 70 degrees outside. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I thought I might have to carry hot pink and kelly green bags everywhere lol--what do I know!

P.S. I don't own any suede, but have some Dooney "snake" and croco that I like.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Cathyshopper said:

Thank you both for the responses, which I greatly appreciate. I'm trying to push myself to follow this long-time dream, so I've been taking a look at what I can reduce and started trimming the bags. I love my croco bags, but thought I might look odd carrying them in the winter if it's 70 degrees outside. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I thought I might have to carry hot pink and kelly green bags everywhere lol--what do I know!

P.S. I don't own any suede, but have some Dooney "snake" and croco that I like.

Cathy - As I said, I'm in the southeast - near West Palm. Right now I'm carrying a Coach black fabric alternating with a Coach metallic leather. I'd carry both of those when I'm on Long Island, too.

You are right, though, that you're likely to see more color here all year than you do in the North, but, really, just plan to enjoy yourself -- and use moving as an opportunity to winnow your possessions (of every kind) to what you love and then slowly add whatever your new home seems to call out for.

Honored Contributor

First time I ever heard of one's handbag collection determining a relocation decision. Actually Florida has many creatures that wear croco 24/7/365.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Gators aren't native to the North so maybe all the yankees should give up the croco first? LOL Personally I'm carrying my Santorini with the lizard embossing down here.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

In Nevada and yes I do, but they are colors like pink, orange, or turqoise. Not so much the dark browns.

Super Contributor

From being a snowbird I can tell you that the women do wear croco bags... and fur coats! They become so accustomed to the heat that when it's 70 the furs come out!

Good luck with your move. Exciting time!

Super Contributor

Are you kidding? I have lived in So. Fl for over 45 years and never even thought if a crocco bag "didn't go". I have lots of Brahmin bags (mostly crocco) and use them all year round. The only thing that doesn't go in our warm climate is faux shirling, mink coats. I would also add boots but if we have 1 cool day (65F or less) you might see ladies sporting their boots.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} However, by 12 noon it's too hot for boots!