Honored Contributor

Dooney Orchid and Fuchsia colors to wear with

I'm trying to figure out what clothing colors work well with the Dooney Orchid ( Sophie hobo for example or the Flo leather violet color) or Fuchsia ( pebble leather) other than the usual black, navy and white. I don't wear browns or yellows if that helps.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney Orchid and Fuchsia colors to wear with

How about gray?
Super Contributor

Navy blue
Honored Contributor

That's an idea, thanks.

Respected Contributor

I have the Florentine toggle crossbody in violet, so beautiful and vibrant!

I just started using it and find that most neutrals work great with it. From ivory, khaki, light grey, to navy, charcoal (perfect), black, chocolate brown, teal, deeper violets/purples/wines. Just put together one of you usual outfits and then try it and see what you think. I might switch out a top or tank so it will look nice with my bag because I LOVE my bag.....but really, this color in a bag is like adding a bright pink lipstick to your look.

Super Contributor

On 3/16/2015 allthatsgood said: Navy blue
Oops, see you already have Navy.
Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2015 author said:

I have the Florentine toggle crossbody in violet, so beautiful and vibrant!

I just started using it and find that most neutrals work great with it. From ivory, khaki, light grey, to navy, charcoal (perfect), black, chocolate brown, teal, deeper violets/purples/wines. Just put together one of you usual outfits and then try it and see what you think. I might switch out a top or tank so it will look nice with my bag because I LOVE my bag.....but really, this color in a bag is like adding a bright pink lipstick to your look.

I haven't bought a bag in that color yet. I thought it was pretty when they came out but I wasn't sure what to wear with it or than the usual colors I posted.

Respected Contributor

Also dark greens, deep purple, deep wines. Of course your blacks, navy, grey. Most very soft pastel colors would also work with the vibrant tones of these handbags.... from pale beiges and blushes, to pale yellow, pale greens, pale blues, and pale pinks and pale purples. You might also find these colors work with some shades of turquoise.

Super Contributor

I use my colorful Dooney with no matter what I am wearing. I like the ""pop of color"".

Frequent Contributor

I own an orchid patent bag and wear it with everything..I like the pop of color also. I don't like to match my bag with my clothes, that feels very old fashioned to me. I also own an orange patent bag for that very reason. Of course, Im not wearing pink or orange pants--just the standard black, navy, gray and brown.