Regular Contributor

Dooney design suggestion/request

I love my handbags. That said there is one design I do not like and that is the double strap type. That is short straps for carrying on the arm and a long strap for the shoulder on the bag. I just hate the look and I never carry my bag on my arm always on the shoulder. The dangling short straps ruin it for me. Most of the time the shoulder strap is detachable. I would love it if the short straps were detachable. Can't tell you how many times I have not purchased a bag I liked except for this part of the design. I cannot remember ever seeing a bag with this feature and would challenge Dooney to try it. Anyone else feel the same?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney design suggestion/request

Nope, I like a top handle bag. When seeking a pure shoulder bag, which is rare, there would seem to be plenty of options available!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Nope, it's my favorite handle design. I like the versatility. I'm not sure why you're making a request to limit other peoples options, when Dooney makes lots of different handle/strap designs. Just buy the ones with only shoulder straps if that's your preference.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

No, satchels with shoulder straps are my favorite style. Removable handles would not be sturdy. If you "never carry your bag on your arm" you shouldn't be shopping for a satchel. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 3/5/2015 faeriemoon said: No, satchels with shoulder straps are my favorite style. Removable handles would not be sturdy. If you "never carry your bag on your arm" you shouldn't be shopping for a satchel. Smiley Happy

I agree....most of my bags are this style.

Respected Contributor

This is my favorite style, perfectly versatile for me. I hate being limited to shoulder OR satchel, wear these both ways all the time. I have tried other styles but always come back to a satchel with a removable shoulder or cross body strap.

Super Contributor

When I was younger I only used shoulder bags. After turning 50 I no longer enjoyed having such long handles and they kept slipping off my shoulder. Now I like the shorter handles very much!!

Occasional Contributor

I agree with OP. Why not make the short handles removable as well as the longer ones? That would make the bag more versatile, not less, and allow everyone to remove the handles she doesn't want to use. Rebecca Minkoff did that with some of her bags and I thought it was brilliant.

Valued Contributor

A bag without ""double short straps"" aka handles is a HOBO! Problem solved! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

There are some bags around that have removable top handles... Personally, I don't see the point and as far as Dooney goes, it appears the handles are part of their design... part of their look... and while I suppose they might one day create a bag with removable handles, I'm not thinking it'll be a priority for them. Of course, given some of their other more recent ventures, nothing would be a surprise.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...