Esteemed Contributor

Too heavy of a bag for me right now ( I broke my ankle and am reliant on lightweight Kiplings to get me thru). However, ILoveDooney sent me an e-mail featuring a lovely pink Florentine. The details of the leather and the luxe of it contrast nicely with the Spring like color so as not to be too sugary sweet or cutesy. Very nice and well priced at $189. They have it in Bone also, which does blend better with the red lining.

Just thought I would pass this along..Kiss

Baby Pink BoneBone

Trusted Contributor

I have both and they're beautiful. The pink is a little more saturated than shown, but still gorgeous. I would get them while they still have them if you can swing it.

So sorry you broke your ankle, hopefully you'll be on two feet soon.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 wishmoon said:

I have both and they're beautiful. The pink is a little more saturated than shown, but still gorgeous. I would get them while they still have them if you can swing it.

So sorry you broke your ankle, hopefully you'll be on two feet soon.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Hope your ankle heals soon.

As wishmoon says, the pink is more saturated than it appears in the pictures. It's a lovely shade of pink. And yes, Florentine leather handbags can be heavy, but the Bristol style isn't as bad as some others. My only concern is how to keep these light colors clean. I just can't see them as everyday handbags.

Honored Contributor

I agree with LJ as far as these being everyday bags IF you're one who wants your bags to remain pristine... If, though, you appreciate the patina these bags gain over time with regular use, then it's less of an issue... I have a number of bags I try to maintain looking like new, but the the Florentines are not among them. Given how this leather wears, I simply never found it realistic that they're going to keep a 'like new' appearance with regular use... I love this bag in the bone and were I buying Dooney right now, I'd likely opt to purchase that one... I have only one Bristol and it's in grey... It's a very nice looking bag and the color wears well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...