Valued Contributor

Feeling the need to simplify and downsize...where is the best place to re-sell Dooneys? I have sold a couple through a local consignment store. I know some may use Ebay, or Facebook groups. I'm not looking to sell them for $5 at a yardsale...lol!

Very interested to hear your ideas and suggestions! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone sell their Dooneys?

My local Clothes Mentor wouldn't take the ones with the logos - or any Q TSVs.

I ended up donating them to Goodwill and taking the deduction. Good quality bags are worth a $25 deduction...and I know they went to a good cause.

Not applicable

You can always trade them at Dooney.com. They will give you a credit which equals 50% of the original MSRP. I just completed a trade in for a new bag.

Honored Contributor

Contrary to what QVC tells us, Dooneys are not investment bags. They aren't "coveted" and they are not "aspirational" bags. They are just very nice, well made bags. The department stores often sell them on sale; so, it's not likely that a used bag would go for much money. Women don't dream about someday owning a Dooney. I have two that I want to part with; the first two I ever bought. I think I'll do better trading them in that I would by selling them.

Respected Contributor

ebay would be your best bet. Just take good picures and show all aspects of the bag and you will sell them.

Honored Contributor

I've sold one Dooney and various other purses (Coach, Hobo International, among others) by posting pictures, price and description on a Facebook yard sale page for my area. There have only been one or two that didn't sell. I've gotten anywhere from $40-$150 for the purses I've sold.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

You might get more for them on Ebay or taking them to a consignment shop. My niece sold some of hers on Ebay and did quite well. I don't like messing with Ebay, so I have taken several to a local consignment shop. I made a nice little sum of money for myself. My consignment contact will take any Dooney bag. I have taken several I purchased at Dillard's and Macy's over the years and a couple from QVC. No problems. You will not get much out of them at a yard or garage sale. JMO.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions! I had forgotten about the Dooney trade in program...just not looking to acquire more or spend more. May stick with consignment for now...easiest for me...thanks again!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/26/2015 chrystaltree said:

Contrary to what QVC tells us, Dooneys are not investment bags. They aren't "coveted" and they are not "aspirational" bags. They are just very nice, well made bags. The department stores often sell them on sale; so, it's not likely that a used bag would go for much money. Women don't dream about someday owning a Dooney. I have two that I want to part with; the first two I ever bought. I think I'll do better trading them in that I would by selling them.

This is true. Many of my friends and relatives have never even heard of this brand, and do not recognize their logo at all. I always see lines of people queuing up outside Coach, Kate Spade and Michael Kors at our outlet mall on peak shopping days, while the Dooney store just steps away is virtually empty. This may explain why their bags don't have high resale values. It's a pity since they do have quality bags.

Honored Contributor

Not yet, but I'm thinking about trying to sell a number of them. Like you though, OP, I'm not particularly interested in virtually giving them away. I don't expect to get nearly what I paid, but the yard sale or donation thing aren't working for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...