New Contributor

Style/Design Variation on the Pebble Leather Willa Satchel

Hello to all of you Dooney & Bourkers. The Willa satchel is "mauve". I would like to call attention to a slight design variation with this bag. This has come up on another D&B forums. The Willa satchel has two different designs in regards to the handles (not the shoulder strap). The Willa satchel sold on QVC and at some major department stores have the "tear drop" shape at the bottom of the handles where the gold hardware attaches the handles to the purse. The Willa on the D&B company website and at some of the other point of sales have the end of the handles in a "rectangle" shape. I purchased my Willa satchel from QVC as I prefer the tear drop shape handle design (it looks more classy to me). The rectangle shape handles (in my opinion) gives the bag a more functional tote look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Style/Design Variation on the Pebble Leather Willa Satchel

Thanks for posting about the differences, I was just looking at this bag today.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I wonder if there are other differences... dimensions or strap/handle design or length.

Honored Contributor

Pretty purse. This is a nice size satchel. I only wish QVC had more color choices and that Dooney had included an outside zip on the back, although I guess with the multiple compartments, the outside isn't important. Dooney lists different dimensions than does QVC, but it appears to be only in the width, which probably represents different methods of measuring. I don't mind the tabs as opposed to the teardrops, but it's surprising how this little detail changes the look of the bag. Dooney offers a far wider range of colors. Probably not getting this one anyway, but looks like a nice, if a tad plain, bag.

Willa Zip Satchel

Dooney version

Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Willa Satchel

Q version

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like the teardrop attachments much better. I've always thought they were a much more elegant design detail. I've seen plain rectangular attachments on Dooney and other brands before, and to me, it always cheapens the look of the handbag. Makes it look as if the handbag were slapped together in a factory, rather than designed and then manufactured to specifications.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the side by side photos, I like the teardrop Q version better too. I like the fact that you have all the depth in the main compartment with the zips on the ends instead of the middle. But I wish it was as pretty as the Chelsea bag. I like the bag, but none of the colors are calling my name. I did think the persimmon was nice but it's not on Q at the moment.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The drops do add a little extra to the bag... It's actually pretty stark in design and they offer a bit extra... Both bags are pretty, but I too think I prefer the Q version. For those interested, I do hope they bring in more colors, though a good number of the choices are on back order with Dooney too. This bag is very pretty in bone, as opposed to the stark white, which is also pretty. As was noted, it appears other retailers are offering the tabs, though I saw a couple offering the drop. Interesting that they did this.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...