Contributor

Difference between florentine blues

Can anyone who owns or has seen the ocean and denim colors describe the difference to me please. On my comp. and tv they look so much alike. Do either of them look like they have a teal hue? At Dillard's here they never seem to have Florentine and very small section for Dooney's. Any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Difference between florentine blues

Dooney has so mislabeled colors and used the same color name for such widely different colors depending on the bag and the leather that I think it's becoming impossible to know... Denim used to be denim but now, for some bags, it's essentially a sky blue/turquoise shade and almost a navy for others... Who the heck knows anymore!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have a florentine wallet in ocean. It is definitely a teal-ish shade of blue. I had a florentine bag in denim which I returned, but I remember it to also be a teal-ish blue color. The shades were very similar, but one was slightly brighter than the other. I had purchased the wallet to use with the bag, but then decided that the style of the bag wasn't right for me. Both colors are really pretty.

Contributor

Thanks stevieb & Linmo, it is so confusing to know what the colors look like. I was hoping to find a true denim blue color. I guess one of the neutral browns would be safer to get when ordering online.

Respected Contributor

The Chestnut color has always been my go-to color for Florentines. The brown t'moro is a little too dark for my taste and the natural shows scratches and wear more easily. Good luck with your search!

Respected Contributor

Your question has no good general answer. By that I mean, I can compare the ocean blue and denim blue in the Florentine collection and give you info. But the colors will be totally different in a different Dooney collections and different leathers.

In Florentine leather the ocean blue is more of a lighter royal blue and the denim has just the slightest hint of teal, in some lights. Unless they are side by side, you really can't tell the difference. I have both colors and I really thought the denim I was buying was another ocean blue. I like them both. I will also add that the ocean blue, in Florentine, is not totally consistent. I have seen some that were more intensely colored and others that were softer in color.

If you have a particular color in mind for denim, it's likely that neither of these shades are what would be considered denim, as in blue jeans.

Just to confuse matters, QVC has some Dooney handbags that are called Jeans color.