Honored Contributor

For those interested and that didn't get the email, Dooney is now offering a whole line of MLB bags, including those they offered last year and more, now in colors...

Sorry this isn't an actual link, but you know, QVC's link thing, well, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't... Highlight the URL and right click to open...

Nationals Satchel

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

They are cute, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I ordered the first version (white background) for my sister (a Cubs hobo) and for me (White Sox hobo) last year. They are very well made. My sister was stopped by strangers on her summer vacation asking about her handbag! I like the new darker background handbags, but my White Sox ones are on backorder...I will keep watching! Now don't throw me in the lake! Wink

Frequent Contributor

Stevieb, I don't post very often, I'm more of a lurker. I have gotten a lot of good information for your posts about handbags over the years, though. And I thank you for that.

Now the reason I have signed in is I wanted to ask you a question. I have been perusing some of the forums in other sections tonight and ran across the For the Home Section and I have a "Need to know the answer to this question" for you.

Do you by chance live near a bomb or fall-out shelter? Just wondering..........

Thanks for the laugh.

Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

They are cute, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I ordered the first version (white background) for my sister (a Cubs hobo) and for me (White Sox hobo) last year. They are very well made. My sister was stopped by strangers on her summer vacation asking about her handbag! I like the new darker background handbags, but my White Sox ones are on backorder...I will keep watching! Now don't throw me in the lake! Wink

So good to know that at least your sister provides a sort of counter-balance... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Actually, I toyed with a Nats bag, but am glad I waited. I think the logos from last year are more appealing, but do like the color options... Honestly don't think I'll end up with any of them. They're cute, but I guess I'm just not that big on pricey novelty bags... For me, this is something I could maybe see doing in canvas for under a hundred bucks, but too many other bags on my 'to do' list to spend big bucks on any of the Dooney 'novelty' series... I saw where they'd started a college series and am sort of surprised they haven't started an NFL series, unless it's a licensing thing...

Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2015 DorothyL said:

Stevieb, I don't post very often, I'm more of a lurker. I have gotten a lot of good information for your posts about handbags over the years, though. And I thank you for that.

Now the reason I have signed in is I wanted to ask you a question. I have been perusing some of the forums in other sections tonight and ran across the For the Home Section and I have a "Need to know the answer to this question" for you.

Do you by chance live near a bomb or fall-out shelter? Just wondering..........

Thanks for the laugh.

Wink

Glad you enjoy the posts and also that your find some of them helpful....

As for the bomb shelter, well, no... but I do have access to a basement!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Not applicable
Is Dooney & Bourke planning on doing a NFL bag series? I love their bags & I love my Seattle Seahawks!!! I already own a MLB bag it is beautiful!!!!
Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 QVCFanatic said: Is Dooney & Bourke planning on doing a NFL bag series? I love their bags & I love my Seattle Seahawks!!! I already own a MLB bag it is beautiful!!!!

For some reason I doubt it... It could be a licensing thing... Maybe the NFL wants too big a cut... who knows, but while they did MLB last year and have expanded the line this year, and while they are now doing colleges and have indicated they're expanding that line, I've not heard a word about the NFL... I tend to steer clear of novelty bags, but was tempted by a Nationals bag and if they go there, I might have to at least consider the Patriots bag...

Wink

Valued Contributor

I got the SF Giants Satchel last year and people rave over it and ask where I got it - all the time!

It soon was on backorder and has been since October now!! The new design is also on backorder on several. I recently placed an order for two $188 crossbody bags (black w/SF logo), since I got an email for $60 off $300...

The order went through, but they're on backorder. We'll see if they come in and the order gets filled. One is a gift for my daughter - a big Giants fan! I am thinking their winning streak has caused the ladies to go wild for the bags, causing the depletion of their supply?!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the link stevie! I think they're cute. I noticed they offer the bags in both the team logo pattern and also a print:

Honored Contributor

They are cute! The colors with just the logo are new, the print has been around for a while... And they're also doing colleges, as of last year, though they said they plan to expand the range of colleges offered.