Frequent Contributor
I've never bought one but I've been looking at a hobo on here since before Christmas. I used to always want one but never got one... I've been to the outlet store here but wasn't really impressed. But there's a hobo on here (I'm a sucker for a beautiful hobo) and I'm not sure if I should do it. I'd have to do it on easy pay. I can't spend that much all at once on a PURSE... you know ... I'm one of *those* Smiley Wink So I guess I'm hoping you'll tell me to do it and I'll be thankful for the rest of my life. Or not. What do you think? Or has anyone taken the plunge and then wondered, what was I thinking?? Or do you carry a bag like that and you're all... would you like my autograph haha. One more question... I'm doing a homemade makeover... from head to toe... because I've neglected myself for a long time... so I've looked at a lot of outfits on pinterest and an easy way to coordinate is to match shoes with bags. So if I got this incredibly beautiful hobo in Wine (or grape, something like that) it won't be as wardrobe flexible. So then what?
Valued Contributor
You should definitely treat yourself! Are you, by any chance, talking about the Logo Lock hobo? Some of us love it and have multiples (I have two), some hate the lining, but it's a very pretty bag if you ask me.... the grape/purple may not go with everything, so I think you should stick with more neutral colors if you can only get one handbag for now.
Valued Contributor
And, remember, you have 30 days to decide if you like it... The only unfortunate thing is, you'll have to pay for original AND return shipping now, if you decide to return. The new policy starts on Feb. 17. If you purchase before that date and decide to return, they will refund you the original shipping costs, so hurry up! Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

pink: yes, a Dooney and Bourke all leather handbag is worth it. If you give us the item # the you can get specific feed back on why people love it, or don't. Then you can make your decision.

As for color.... well, I love color and I think the a wine or deep eggplant shade would be great. Depending upon the colors it your wardrobe those shades can be very neutral or not. I prefer cool colors, like black, blue, grey, so wine/eggplant purple go with those colors very well. If you wear more brown, tans, beige then the wine would still work nicely. I much prefer wine/eggplant to browns, tans, saddle colors in handbags. But that is just me.

As for matching shoes and handbags, that is not considered a style objective anymore.

My only tip for coordinating an outfit is to keep most of the outfit in similar color families and have only one or two pops of different colors. I'm not into rainbow dressing where everything is a different color, even if they are all 'neutral' colors.

I also think there is a lot of pleasure in a good leather handbag... one that feels good and one that looks good. And a pretty color can add to your enjoyment of the handbag. Of course there is nothing wrong with a beautiful black leather handbag. Even in black, if the style and leather are nice enough, it's a treasure too.

Honored Contributor

1. You deserve this bag.

2. If it's going to bother you that you spent the money, or if you really can't afford it, don't buy it. Only buy it if it will be a guilt-free purchase.

3. If it's going to be your "one good bag" go for a neutral.

(Or, do whatever you want.) {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

I will add that I agree with faeriemoon... don't buy an expensive handbag unless you can afford it. If it will keep you up worrying about the cost or you have to pay interest on your credit card.... then don't buy it. I love handbags and I think a Dooney is a great purchase, but only if you have the money to spend.

Frequent Contributor
Ok it's the Logo Lock and I can technically afford it. A decade or so ago I was a single mom and broke so I still have that mentality Smiley Sad

faeriemoon said the perfect thing saying I deserve it Smiley Happy I've spent so long taking care of others I actually go to a caregiver support group now lol.

So I had been looking for a black bag and even tho I fell in love with this one in grape, the black is even more stunning. And I won't have wardrobe issues Smiley Happy

But I was wondering if there's an issue with the clasp... the logo lock.. I guess it breaks on some bags?? I dunno... I saw one selling on ebay and it was broken.

Ok so yea, if anyone wants to chime in on if they love this one or not that'd be great and whatever else you Dooney gals can share Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

On 2/4/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

pink: yes, a Dooney and Bourke all leather handbag is worth it. If you give us the item # the you can get specific feed back on why people love it, or don't. Then you can make your decision.

As for color.... well, I love color and I think the a wine or deep eggplant shade would be great. Depending upon the colors it your wardrobe those shades can be very neutral or not. I prefer cool colors, like black, blue, grey, so wine/eggplant purple go with those colors very well. If you wear more brown, tans, beige then the wine would still work nicely. I much prefer wine/eggplant to browns, tans, saddle colors in handbags. But that is just me.

As for matching shoes and handbags, that is not considered a style objective anymore.

My only tip for coordinating an outfit is to keep most of the outfit in similar color families and have only one or two pops of different colors. I'm not into rainbow dressing where everything is a different color, even if they are all 'neutral' colors.

I also think there is a lot of pleasure in a good leather handbag... one that feels good and one that looks good. And a pretty color can add to your enjoyment of the handbag. Of course there is nothing wrong with a beautiful black leather handbag. Even in black, if the style and leather are nice enough, it's a treasure too.

Super Contributor
Pink - I have 2 Logo Locks in Red and Aqua. I, for one, love this bag. It will never go out of style and of course black is timeless. Spoil yourself and enjoy it and carry it in the best of health!
Valued Contributor
No issues with the clasp....but I have several bags so I rotate and haven't used the Logo Lock often enough to see if the clasp would break. However, if it breaks, even if it's after 30 days, you could still return it as defective and get the cost back minus shipping costs.
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of Dooneys. They are really well made and the leather is really thick. I don't think you could wear these bags out if you tried. I was able to purchase them due to the easy pay. I also have a Madie Claire from Shophq. That one is really nice too. However the Madie Claires are not all leather, in the description it will tell you what percentage is leather. The on I have is 90% and it is really nice. I have gotten more compliments on this bag than I have on the Dooneys. The Madie Claires are less expensive because the leather is less but they are nice just the same. I would say if you are eyeing the Dooney take a chance like one of the other ladies stated you can always send it back.