Frequent Contributor
Well I said no more but the tobi tote in taupe for 214 and change was no match for me . I love the color and it doesn't slump as much as I thought it would so I'm more happy with it. And guess what? It does not come with a key fob!! The leather is wonderful. It's soft and not too thin. Great deal!
Honored Contributor

Glad you like the new bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
I loved that bag, but I didn't love the very thin handles so I had to return it.....even though it cost me only $150 when I got it on cyber Monday....
Respected Contributor

The ILoveDooney website and the ILD store on eBay both have the lambskin Tobi in most colors right now for $144.

Frequent Contributor
Hi! I know , I have seen it at the outlet for cheaper too but sometimes u just need a dooney. Everyone complains about the straps on some dooney bags,but yesterday I was at the food store and a woman had a louis vitton. The straps were like shoelaces. I thought gee why doesn't anyone complain about those straps? For 2 thousands dollars I thought they were inferior. Of course I'm not sure as I can't afford one. Thank you for your comments. As for the tobi price, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. With a outlet 25 minutes away, I mostly win.
Respected Contributor

I have several Tobis in both lambskin and nubuck. The straps work fine for me, but I usually don't overload my bag. The lambskin is pretty indestructible. I spilled latte on my midnight blue one and it cleaned right up without staining. My daughter has a black one and a water bottle leaked inside and soaked through. The next day it was fine. If that would have happened to our florentine bags, they probably would have been permanently damaged. Anyway, enjoy your Tobi - I love mine!

Frequent Contributor
Gee, how good is that unbuckle leather? When I see it in the stores, I always think of bad reviews of it. I've read that it looks old quickly. How true is this?
Valued Contributor
On 1/29/2015 momjules said: Hi! I know , I have seen it at the outlet for cheaper too but sometimes u just need a dooney. Everyone complains about the straps on some dooney bags,but yesterday I was at the food store and a woman had a louis vitton. The straps were like shoelaces. I thought gee why doesn't anyone complain about those straps? For 2 thousands dollars I thought they were inferior. Of course I'm not sure as I can't afford one. Thank you for your comments. As for the tobi price, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. With a outlet 25 minutes away, I mostly win.
I personally don't understand the hype around LV bags. They look absolutely unattractive to me. I wouldn't carry one if it was a gift! But perhaps I would sell it on ebay! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 1/29/2015 momjules said: Hi! I know , I have seen it at the outlet for cheaper too but sometimes u just need a dooney. Everyone complains about the straps on some dooney bags,but yesterday I was at the food store and a woman had a louis vitton. The straps were like shoelaces. I thought gee why doesn't anyone complain about those straps? For 2 thousands dollars I thought they were inferior. Of course I'm not sure as I can't afford one. Thank you for your comments. As for the tobi price, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. With a outlet 25 minutes away, I mostly win.
I personally don't understand the hype around LV bags. They look absolutely unattractive to me. I wouldn't carry one if it was a gift! But perhaps I would sell it on ebay! Smiley Happy

It's an each to their own kind of thing... Although I have a few, I tend not to like bags with very thin straps... no matter the brand. There are LV bags I love and some I don't much like... Likewise with Dooney... and every other brand for that matter...

Smile

Honored Contributor

I have the Tobi in nubuk in the red/brown combination and even though I don't love the thin straps, I do love the bag... Such a pretty color combination and a good size tote that works when I need a larger bag, but can also work well when I don't have a lot of stuff to carry. Got mine at the Maxx. I think it was $139.