Honored Contributor

Assume others got the email from Dooney (Valentine gift guide)... Have to say, even though I'm not buying Dooney right now, I'm loving this one... I know many of you will love the color and although pink isn't my thing, this one comes in a whole slew of colors... Very tempting! Really loving this one in the oyster and for someone who was asking about color options on another bag, apparently there's hope. This one comes in aqua, turquoise and sea foam...

Domed Satchel

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Re: Claremont Domed Satchel...

Girl, I got the email, too and like you went to the Dooney website to see the colors. I'm always a sucker for Seafoam, and Aqua, although I would love to see this one in Turquoise. I have a gift card and was planning on using it towards the wallet to go with my woven Claremont Perry Satchel, but as we know with handbags, that could "always be subject to change."
Valued Contributor

Never rec.email, . Like other bags better.
Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 allthatsgood said: Girl, I got the email, too and like you went to the Dooney website to see the colors. I'm always a sucker for Seafoam, and Aqua, although I would love to see this one in Turquoise. I have a gift card and was planning on using it towards the wallet to go with my woven Claremont Perry Satchel, but as we know with handbags, that could "always be subject to change."

Wink

Subject to change or subject to additions to our best laid plans!

Honored Contributor

Would love to compare oyster and taupe, but despite the new and supposedly improved... website, I see the taupe swatch isn't available... with their apologies.

Respected Contributor

I saw a tote style when I was in the Dooney store a few weeks ago. I don't care for the leather. It's very much like the saffiano in feel, just with a different pattern embossed. Probably very durable and it looks nice...just not for me. If you love saffiano,, you will love this too. And since they are bring in more colors in the original tote style, it must have been very popular on Q.

Super Contributor

I received this email as well. Very pretty bag, however, I kinda like the option of being able to lay down the handles when wearing the long strap. Don't think these handles will do that.Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

I saw a tote style when I was in the Dooney store a few weeks ago. I don't care for the leather. It's very much like the saffiano in feel, just with a different pattern embossed. Probably very durable and it looks nice...just not for me. If you love saffiano,, you will love this too. And since they are bring in more colors in the original tote style, it must have been very popular on Q.

I ordered the TSV in the new leather when it was presented and loved it, but then I like Saffiano. This texture is similar in that it seems 'coated' but the pattern is more of a mini pebble than a cross hatch. I didn't keep the TSV because I didn't want that large a bag and didn't want the center zip compartment. One thing for sure, though, the neutral lining used on the QVC bag was much more appealing than this new cheap looking, kaleidoscopic lining Dooney is using with the Claremont bags, which is just heinous... But hey, at least it's not pink...

Wink

Were I in the market for a Dooney and were Dooney to actually make this bag available in all the colors for which they have swatches, I'd definitely be there! I like the leather and could probably get past the lining, though can't for the life of me see why Dooney felt the need to 'go there'...

Respected Contributor

The bag is lovely - like the style! I have a safiano bag from another designer and I purchased the Claremont TSV in the grey. This leather is definitely softer and more pliable than the safiano, which is stiffer. Yes, the leather is coated, but definitely has a softer hand! Curious about the oyster, too, Stevie, as that was a Florentine color years ago, and although I never got one, I really like it!

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 stellabystarlight said:

The bag is lovely - like the style! I have a safiano bag from another designer and I purchased the Claremont TSV in the grey. This leather is definitely softer and more pliable than the safiano, which is stiffer. Yes, the leather is coated, but definitely has a softer hand! Curious about the oyster, too, Stevie, as that was a Florentine color years ago, and although I never got one, I really like it!

I remember the Florentine oyster choice and believe it was probably the prettiest color they offered... I loved it too and sadly, never got anything in that option... Maybe one day they'll bring it back! Agree with you on the Claremont leather. I too find it lovely and it has a nice feel to it. Incidentally, the TSV in taupe was also a beautiful color... And, as noted, I'd love to see these two neutrals side by side... Since they also offer a bone and a tan, I really wonder how fine the gradations in color are going to be...