Not applicable

I have been a member of QVC for over a decade with 90% of my Dooney purchases coming from this company. I was shown a recent clip of QVC's reps publicly humiliating one of the models simply because of her African American hair. This company needs to understand women of all cultures represent class and poise. It is our choice as women of color how we wear our hair while wearing a bag we buy from this company. After seeing that clip I will be advising my mother in law also a QVC shopper to possibly look elsewhere for our purses. I'm very disgusted to see them joke about what we hold dear; our expression of heritage via our hair.

***Commenting Is Closed For This Discussion***

Honored Contributor

If ever a thread deserved to be deleted this one does... There has been enough mileage garnered over this non-incident already.

And for the record, Sandra is not clueless. The simple fact is no intent to demean anyone ever existed. Had the same statement been made as the camera coincidentally panned to another model absolutely nothing would have been misinterpreted or said. No rampant indignation would have ensued and no apology would have been mandated. So often it seems folks see precisely what they want to see. You'd almost think some folks enjoy their righteous indignation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:

If ever a thread deserved to be deleted this one does... There has been enough mileage garnered over this non-incident already.

And for the record, Sandra is not clueless. The simple fact is no intent to demean anyone ever existed. Had the same statement been made as the camera coincidentally panned to another model absolutely nothing would have been misinterpreted or said. No rampant indignation would have ensued and no apology would have been mandated. So often it seems folks see precisely what they want to see. You'd almost think some folks enjoy their righteous indignation.

Exactly!!!!!

Contributor

Cool, what was the host referring to and meaning ladies? Please clarify.

Not applicable

I thought the comment on the natural hairstyle was classless and insensitive. Your customers are of every ethnic background and should never feel as if someone is disrespecting them under any circumstances. I hope this does not happen again as it negatively impacts your brand.

Respected Contributor

Dooney and their rep had nothing to do with this supposed incident!

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the clip. BUT, I've heard it so many times, hosts say something like, 'it doesn't matter if you're in sweats, an old tee shirt, pony tail and flip flops, if you're carrying a nice handbag, you look good'.

So Sandra must've said something like, it doesn't matter if you're not wearing makeup and you're hair isn't done up, if you're carrying this bag, you'll look fine.

And as she was saying that, the camera man went to a model and I can't even imagine what her hair looked like for every one to be in an uproar.

I only know two models by name, Maria and Maria, and I don't even know which one is which......

Honored Contributor

this thread AGAIN? did all the others get deleted?

for a formal apology visit sandras facebook page......absolutely nothing was done intentionally.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 brea said: I thought the comment on the natural hairstyle was classless and insensitive. Your customers are of every ethnic background and should never feel as if someone is disrespecting them under any circumstances. I hope this does not happen again as it negatively impacts your brand.

Considering that isn't what happened in the first place, it would have to happen at all for it to happen again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:

Stevie

I so agree with you. It was just timing at the same time as the panning of the camera. If you think about it, I have seen hosts talking about the inside of a bag and the camera is pointed to something totally different. It happens, there was no malice in what was said, just bad timing.

Deb