Valued Contributor

Dooney and Duck Dynasty Wives?

I saw something about a collaboration between the two...(on the Dooney Page?) what are your thoughts and opinions? Has this been done before? With a celebrity, or model?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney and Duck Dynasty Wives?

Not interested in anything related to DD.

If I ever want something camo, I'll go with military looks to support our soldiers.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

If I ever want something camo, I'll go with military looks to support our soldiers.

I agree...

Honored Contributor

There was a famous collaboration between Louis Vuitton and Madonna.... with her advertising through a Madonna-esque type photo a one of a kind Limited Edition Louis Vuitton that was (if I can recall) roughly around $130,000... something like that. I thought at the time that the bag was horrible (truly it was) and the photo of Madonna was IMHO just nasty. Michael Kors, prior to successfully branching out on his own used to collaborate with Louis Vuitton, the same with the Japanese artist Murakami (who actually collaborated on a lot of very successful style since roughly 2003 on.....

Anyway... yes, there are collaborations but Duck Dynasty totally turns me off. Dooney has worked hard for there reputation and to appeal to a large swath of customers, but I am really not interested in DD whatsoever and will not be interested in anything D & B that reflects that group. JMHO....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

And yes, Louis Vuitton DID DO a Camo style, quite a while ago, maybe back as far as 2005 - 7. There were some that like it and purchased it but a friend of mine who was mad for the style said in a matter of a year it was old and tired to her. She tried to sell it (eBay) and their wasn't much interest in it until the price fell far too substantially.

Camo's a gimmick style.... unless you're going to take your Dooney (or LV) huntin' for ducks.... {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Kzeks said:
On 1/13/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I agree...

I also agree. I will support our soldiers, not add to the profits for reality "stars."

Valued Contributor
Honored Contributor

Ohmygosh.... it's worse than I thought... it's a Camo print made outta little ducks.

Respected Contributor

if true, I will never buy another D&B again. that DD clan id grotesque.

Regular Contributor

What on earth is ""grotesque"" about good honest Christian people who do ALOT of great things with their money?