Frequent Contributor
Hello, I got a email today from dooney to meet Claremont. Have u met her?. She's a drawstring but check out the lining?
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/23/2014 momjules said: Hello, I got a email today from dooney to meet Claremont. Have u met her?. She's a drawstring but check out the lining?

That's spooky. I just went over here to comment about that. I do like the looks of the drawstring. The lining is different and Dooney gives no useful description.

Product image is missing!

I read an article about some editor that was invited to view the Spring 2015 Claremont collection and she posted some preview pics. She thought that Dooney was headed in a new style direction.

dooney-and-bourke-spring-2015-claremont-collection

Nylon Collection

dooney-and-bourke-spring-2015-nylon-collection

Pebble collection

dooney-and-bourke-spring-2015-pebble-collection-4

Alto Collection

dooney-and-bourke-spring-2015-alto-collection

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a couple more since I am at it:

Mini Chevron

Esteemed Contributor

And the Sanibel collection:

Esteemed Contributor

I think the most interesting part is that some of the bags have a frosty sheen to them (kinda like Easter egg colors) and I do think that is an interesting change for Spring/Summer. I'm done now !!

Honored Contributor

I like the Claremont leather and finish, but they can keep that loud, bilious lining...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/23/2014 stevieb said:

I like the Claremont leather and finish, but they can keep that loud, bilious lining...

Kind of looks like re-visiting the 70's in a not so good way. Even disco outfits were more subtle than that. Would surely clash with the pastels, so I hope they do a rethink and tone it down. I would love a creamy soft linen like lining.

Here is the Saffiano Collection: missed that one. I like the looks of the clutch.

dooney-and-bourke-spring-2015-saffiano-collection

Respected Contributor

I had the Claremont shopper and sent it back, only because I didn't like the stiffness of the embossed leather (compared to pebble leather) and no drape, very structure. It was so elegant, though. So, I checked out the drawstring when I got the email.

I don't think the Claremont drawstring can top the samba for me, though, so soft and a front pocket!

Frequent Contributor
Wow what colors! It looks like they are moving away from the heavy leather. Now they will be like everyone else. Thank you for your comments to my post. Merry Christmas!,
Esteemed Contributor

Hi 1Professor: I have a $25.00 coupon as a "thank you" from Brighton to use after the holidays. I keep looking at drawstring/ bucket bags and I love the marshmallow softness of this one. It has a (supposedly) hidden exterior pocket. I need to check this one out in person when the malls clear out. I wear a LOT of black even in summer and this would add interest. However, the strap can come off since the loops are not as secure as they should be per the reviews.

Bloc Party Brody Bucket Bag

For sheer impact though, you can't beat the looks of these (lock or no lock)