Super Contributor

terrible experience with 12 days of Dooney this year

I usually do well with their annual sale but this year has been different. I ordered 3 bags, none have shipped after 2 weeks. I finally got an email saying one had been cancelled since it was out of stock. No one replies to my emails and it is almost impossible to get through to them on the phone. What is going on?

Honored Contributor

Re: terrible experience with 12 days of Dooney this year

There's been a lot of feedback this year about order fulfillment problems... Apparently, there was quite a bit of discussion on their FB page about significant issues, lack of inventory, failure of their CS to respond, and so on... Sad to say, you might not want to bet the ranch your orders will arrive, especially before Christmas, if any of them is a gift. Personally, I've always found dealing directly with Dooney to be an unpleasant, non-responsive experience, so didn't order anything from them this year and don't plan to going forward. I also thought the 12 Days promotion this year was lame... Good luck getting your bags...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Sorry this has happened to you. I ordered a bag and had it in 2 days. I hope you receive some feedback from them and your orders arrive soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel your frustration. Last year was SO much better and I got a nice navy canvas tote that was a real deal for a gift item and it came on time with no worries. I have had much better luck with ILoveDonney. Better prices, free shipping, quick e-mail response. They don't have all the colors and styles, but everything that you do order gets here in good shape. I didn't like the intra-day price increases though (that probably came from corporate). I am kinda over the whole Dooney thing and I am a longtime fan.

I think I am going back to Brighton. Nice new store near me, great customer service and quick shipping, easy exchange. Lightweight bags and posh leathers and the fun VERA line.They sent me a $25.00 off certificate for after the holiday. I have my eye on this one. Love those big padded handles.

Geo Twirl Gracie Hobo

VERA (Neumann) line inspired by the 1970's: these are fun in the summer

Zeb Cross Body

Regular Contributor

I ordered 2 bags on day 13 and just received confirmation this morning (Dec. 18) that one bag has been shipped. Nothing was mentioned about the other bag. I assumed that since I ordered both bags simultaneously that they would be shipped together as well. I sure hope that I don't get another email saying the other one is out of stock...ugh! Plus, I was surprised to receive an email that the Days had been extended to a 14th day for a few hrs. Lol....
Honored Contributor

They could've extended it into February and I'd still take a big pass this time around!

Wink

Given all the apparent problems, I'm glad I did!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I took a look at the Dooney and Bourke facebook page and I sure was surprised at all the complaints about the lack of customer service. It doesn't look like they reply to facebook posts either. They must not be very social media savvy.

Regular Contributor

I ordered a Montecatini small shopper on Day 13 and received it today. I have to say I am quite disappointed in it, though. I've heard good things about this leather and it does have a softer feel to it (which I wanted) but I would just as soon order Florentines and allow them to soften up with time. This bag just looks cheap. I'm curious if most purchases from Dooney come with all of the hardware wrapped in tissue. This one didn't, but those I've ordered from QVC have. This handbag also was placed in it's dust cover and then in a clear plastic bag. All other bags I've received have the dust cover inside the bag, have all metal hardware wrapped in tissue and are in a clear plastic bag. It's probably going back this week.
Valued Contributor

On 12/18/2014 FASHIONISTA DIVA said: I ordered 2 bags on day 13 and just received confirmation this morning (Dec. 18) that one bag has been shipped. Nothing was mentioned about the other bag. I assumed that since I ordered both bags simultaneously that they would be shipped together as well. I sure hope that I don't get another email saying the other one is out of stock...ugh! Plus, I was surprised to receive an email that the Days had been extended to a 14th day for a few hrs. Lol....
They may be coming from two different warehouses. It happened to me too, when I ordered two bags in one order. They came separately, one from CA, the other one from CT.
Super Contributor

Well, after 4 days and 30 minutes on hold, I got through to CS. She said both ny bags had shipped although the website still says in process. I got one bag today, a grey croco medium size bag. It is very nice. Still waiting on the other one. I never got any kind of shipping confirmation. I really don't understand how such a big company can have such bad customer service.