Trusted Contributor

New Dooneys already on clearance-why?

This evening's show has several of the brand new styles that I remember Lisa presenting for the first time within the last 2 months and they are already on clearance. A hobo with a pocket on the front and one with nubuck pocket on the front of a very dark brown bag. This is unusual for Dooney. What happened? They are very nice. Even the OTO is newer.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Dooneys already on clearance-why?

I only caught the presentation on one clearance bag. The reason for that bag being on clearance was it couldn't be reordered, but it seemed like they had a fair amount of them.
Valued Contributor

Yep, I noticed that too. The leather+suede satchel is brand new this season and already on clearance while some bags in Florentine Leather never go on sale... and I also noticed a huge amount of bags on clearance comparing to what they offered throughout the year. Who knows what their logic is... I am guessing the bag didn't sell very well so they decided to lower the price.
Valued Contributor

Also, if they can't re-order so many different styles, makes you wonder what will they be selling next year?? Maybe more new styles?? I'm curious...but I hope it's nothing extremely beautiful because I can't shop anymore. Lol.
Super Contributor

All I can say is that the Dooney Lambskin is sumptuous and worth every penny! I had a co-worker BEG me to sell her my dark taupe satchel handbag and wristlet! She hounded me, for 4 weeks, until I said NO!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared} I'm not planning to part with them...they are definitely 'keepers' and will become "vintage" Dooneys in the future! Smile

Honored Contributor

Maybe people are realizing that QVC does not have the best pricing, and they are not selling.
Valued Contributor

On 12/14/2014 maryebrown said:

All I can say is that the Dooney Lambskin is sumptuous and worth every penny! I had a co-worker BEG me to sell her my dark taupe satchel handbag and wristlet! She hounded me, for 4 weeks, until I said NO!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared} I'm not planning to part with them...they are definitely 'keepers' and will become "vintage" Dooneys in the future! Smile

You didn't tell her she can purchase it at the store??? Lol. I like the lambskin leather but didn't like the thin handles on the tobi tote so I returned that one.
Super Contributor

On 12/14/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 12/14/2014 maryebrown said:

You didn't tell her she can purchase it at the store??? Lol. I like the lambskin leather but didn't like the thin handles on the tobi tote so I returned that one.

I don't have the Tobi Tote; I got the lambskin satchel (as is) on the Q almost a year ago-- it looks like a Dr. satchel, and I reviewed it ++++-- and I had already purchased the snapper wristlet a year ago, that I loved at a great price/multifunctional. I separated (unsnapped) them which made it 2 items and they were very functional in the $130 price range for the 'small' which isn't small. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I've been noticing 'newer' bags going relatively quickly to clearance too. Seems it's a combination of maybe not selling and some of them appear to be winter seasonal bags that were probably not produced or ordered in large numbers because of their limited wearing season. Unlike some of the spring and summer bags, which some folks seem to wear almost year 'round, winter bags are pretty clearly winter bags.

I was sort of surprised to see the Lockwood satchel already at a clearance price. Granted, while it's marked down significantly over full retail, when it hits clearance elsewhere, it'll probably be even less. This one mystifies me, because it's almost new and already marked down, unless, as suggested, it's so clearly a winter bag that's almost a 'now or never' purchase.

What really confounds me, though, is their choice to put the Bristol on clearance, as this appears to have the potential to be a Dooney staple. My only thought there is that it's so similar to the made for Q Dome Buckle satchel.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Probably because QVC is going to bring in new Dooneys more often. QVC orders are limited number of a particular bags now, rather than selling the same Dooney bags year after year.