Super Contributor

Got Good Deal at Dillards :)

I've been watching the offerings here on QVC and also on the Twelve Days event at Dooney, but haven't seen anything in a color I really want. So today I went to the local mall and just happened to go into Dillards. There was a 25% off regular price sale on all purses, including Dooney. However, I found one on clearance that was exactly what I'd been wanting--it's the hobo style (A257680) in gray with the tan accents for $159 plus tax! Yeah! I feel like I finally "won" a Dooney bag!

Super Contributor

Re: Got Good Deal at Dillards :)

Congrats!

Honored Contributor

That's great! Enjoy your new D&B treasure! You are also lucky to live near a Dillard's!

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

That's great! Enjoy your new D&B treasure! You are also lucky to live near a Dillard's! Smile

Isn't that the truth. I've long lamented that Dillards doesn't open sstore here and give Macy's a run for their money... My gosh, they're throughout most of the country, what are we doing wrong EEL?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'll trade my Macy's for a dillards. Great sale.
Esteemed Contributor

It's almost time for the extra % off clearance sale at Dillards, New Years Day I think.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/7/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

That's great! Enjoy your new D&B treasure! You are also lucky to live near a Dillard's! Smile

Isn't that the truth. I've long lamented that Dillards doesn't open sstore here and give Macy's a run for their money... My gosh, they're throughout most of the country, what are we doing wrong EEL?

I do love the D&B handbags and wallets at Dillard's; I check them out online.

Don't even ask me about Macy's...yuck...when I lived in NJ it was super junky and a few years ago, Macy's took over our lovely Marshall Field's stores in the Chicago area and we were all in anguish over it. Like you, I would love for a Dillard's to move in...

Honored Contributor

Macy's was already in this market but then took over most Hecht Co. stores too. Some of the Macy's here are decent, but really there's room for another mid-range department store and I think Dillard's is a notch above Macy's anyway...

Valued Contributor

I have a Dillards store about 50 miles away....in the most crime packed city in CA.....so I try to avoid it.....
Honored Contributor

TK, remind me again, where are you in CA? With so many big cities, it would seem like you'd have more shopping option, but then I have to keep in mind that CA is HUGE state and if you aren't near a major retail hub that can make all the difference!